Sasha, Me, & the Empire State Building

I’m taking my girlfriend Sasha to go see the Empire State building today, I know she has always wanted to go there because I remember her mentioning it when we had first met. Sasha and me had actually met just a couple weeks ago at a party , I had seen her around campus but never really tried to talk to her. She came up and started talking to me and I thought she had a nice personality so I asked for her number, we ended up texted each other everyday, and now we’re going on our second date.

So Sasha and me are cruising through New York just the too of us, she wanted to see everything, the lights, the buildings, the statues. I was out of breath the whole time but we were having fun, we took all kinds of pictures, happy pictures, sad pictures, funny faced pictures.

Finally we get to the Empire State building, I had no idea there was going to be a line this long just so people can go see tiny cars and tiny people but we waited anyway. As we where standing there looking around, I turned around and a blond haired, blue eyed girl was staring at me, she was actually smiling. I looked behind me to see if she was smiling at someone that could be behind me, but I didn’t see anyone looking at her, I turned back around and she was laughing, I blushed embarrassed and she motions for me to go up to her.

I point at Sasha who was staring out the window, to let her know I was on a date. The girl smiled as if she understood. I watched the blond girl prance back to her friends who looked like they were having tons of fun then turned around and waved at me. I looked at Sasha who I guess had followed my eyes to the blond girl, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to another window. I was staring at the blond girls reflection in the window, bored out of my mind wishing I could just talk to her maybe even get her number, girls like that never pay attention to me.

I suddenly wished I hadn’t been on that date with Sasha, I thought of how she acted more like my little sister, dragging me around and gets excited over the dumbest things. Thinking back to when we were passing by just regular buildings she would screech “ohh my gosh jake, look at the size of that one! Oh my gosh look at that! I’ve never seen a building that tall before”I was just nodding, I guess I wasn’t really interested in the height of buildings. I thought to myself that maybe if I was on a date with that pretty blond girl and her friends we would find way more fun things to do.

I quickly turned around and waved at the blond girl who looked up, and put my finger up to let her know I would be there in a minute, I just had to get rid of Sasha. She nodded as if she understood,

I turned to Sasha and quickly said “Sasha, you’re a great girl…but…you need to grow up” Sasha’s smile faded, but I kept going “plus this really cute girl is trying to get my attention, so i guess you can take the train back just how we came…”

I walked away, I don’t know why I felt bad, then I remembered something, then ran back to Sasha who was just standing there expressionless, I took something out of my jacket and handed it to her, couldn’t even look at her in the eye, and said “here’s your train ticket it leaves at 5:00” she stared at me and began to say “I don’t…” but I was already walking away. I felt like the biggest jerk, sad I ruined her first trip to the empire state building, then on top of that made her take the train back home alone.

I forgot all about her as soon as I walked over excitedly to the blond girl who was smiling at me, I smiled embarrassed my hands shaking in my pocket I said “hi, I’m Jake” the blond girl looked around and replied “hi I’m Stacey, where’s your girlfriend?” I glanced at the spot where Sasha had been, I guessed she had left, I shrugged and lied “she’s not my girlfriend, that’s my little sister, she wasn’t feeling well so she left” the girls smile faded but nodded disappointed “oh that’s too bad…”

I made a face looking confused then asked “why?” she opened her jacket and I stared at rows of homemade jewelry neatly attached to her jacket, she looked at me and shrugged “I thought she was your girlfriend, and thought you’d want to buy one for her” she smiled, I stood there dumbfounded “so? You weren’t hitting on me?” she laughed then blushed “ no hun, I have a boyfriend, but I’m flattered” she glances at her friends who were waving at her, she looks at me and quickly says “I gotta go, hope your sister feels better, actually here’s my number if you want me to make her a earring or necklace, and for you I’ll give you a discount”, she winked at me and walked off.

All of a sudden I was surrounded by strangers on the Empire State building, I sat down and stared at my train ticket. I felt like everyone was staring at me, laughing at me, so I got up and headed for the train station, I just want to go home, it had been a long day.

getback said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 6:39 am

really cool

i did not expect it to end like this but i liked it.

:)

Jazzluv411 replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 7:45 am
thank you:)

musicprincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Gotta love instant karma!

Jazzluv411 replied...
lol yes we do, thanks for reading and i hoped you liked it:D

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Love the ending, he got his!!

Jazzluv411 replied...
haha thank you! glad you liked it:)

maxinefg said...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 10:02 am
"So Sasha and me are cruising through New York just the too of us" two of us. Good job otherwise!

Jazzluv411 replied...
Thank you:) and thanks for the spell check 

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
hahaha This was funny in such an evil way.  I loved it!  I would work with the flow of the sentenses though - a lot of choppy "I" sentenses. :) Other than that, it was great!

Jazzluv411 replied...
Thank you for the advice:) i really do need to work on that, now that i reread this,  and i'm glad you liked it!