What a klutz

I whispered into his ear, "When do your friends leave, love?" I was sitting on his lap on the couch. A few his friends were scattered around the room sitting anywhere there was space. We were listening to 1, 2, 3, 4-The Plain White T's and talking about all sorts of things. I was beginning to get tired as I rested my head on his shoulder I slowly drifted off to sleep. But before I fell asleep I faintly heard him answer, "They are spending the night." I woke up a few hours later, according to my phone I had been asleep for three hours. It was 4:00 in the morning, I lifted my head to see where I was. I was lying in his bed, I looked over at him. Sleeping, quiet, his chest slightly heaving to the rhythm of his breath. I looked around the room: Jessy, Matt, Jaydon, and Chase all lay on the floor asleep. I tried to fall back asleep multiple times, but I just couldn’t. I quietly got up and turned on the tv, static. Loud static. I gasped and tryed to find the power button with my trembling fingers. Finally I found it and pushed it. I slowly turned around to see if I woke anybody up. A bunch of startled and confused faces looked up at me, including his. "I'm sorry, I um, just wanted, some uh, light." I tried to explain. Everyone broke out laughing, I was surprised to find myself laughing too. He got up from his bed still laughing and gave a big hug, picking me up, and twirling me around. "I love it when you're a klutz." He said smiling, before kissing me on the cheek. I smiled back as he put me down, "What time is it?" Matt asked breaking the silence of everyone. " I'm gussing around 5:00?" Jessy answered yawning. "It's actually a little after 4:00, we should all go back to sleep, I'm sorry for waking you all up." "Nah, it's ok." my boyfriend, the one I have been calling he, answered. "I thought it was very...sexy." he said, picking me and carrying me back into bed. He turned around to all of his snickeribg friends, "Shut up, and mind your business." He told them off then gave me a quick kiss on the neck. I smiled, then laid back down and fell back asleep in moments.

(In case you are wondering, the reason I have been calling my boyfriend he, it’s because we are not dating anymore, and it hurts me when I call him my ex)

musicprincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good. Sometimes with pain there is inspiration and this is a fabulous example. I love it!