Just... please? | Teen Ink

Just... please?

By WaWa29 SILVER, Holmdel, New Jersey
WaWa29 SILVER, Holmdel, New Jersey

"Words are the pen of the heart, but music is the pen of the soul." ~Shneur Zalman

It took me a month to realize. A month too late, that is. Why hadn’t I realized before? Why didn’t I realize that the one guy I liked, the first guy I ever gave a second glance, had sat down the row from me, concentrating on making even sixteenth notes on his saxophone while I buried my head into my music stand? It’s over now, though. I’ll never see him again. The concert’s tonight; forget about any deep, long relationship. Why did it take so long?

He barely noticed me, let alone spoke to me. On the night of the concert, I skirted around him, trying to pluck up the courage to talk to him. I ducked around him all through Warm-Up, Intermission, and even after the Closing Remarks. The one chance I had left was after the show. It worked. Mission accomplished. He told me to call him back. Now, in my phone, stored just as a mere name, was something more valuable than the medals the conductors gave everyone for their participation- his phone number.

I called him, almost a week after that lucky night. He didn’t answer. Disappointed, I left a hurried message, almost begging him to call me back. He never did; at least not yet. It’s been three days. Could a person not check their voice mail for three days?

Immediately, I turned to my friends. In a stroke of luck, my friend goes to the same temple as he does. Thankfully, he told me he’d talk to him for me. Now please… please… PLEASE let this work… Just please?

Please leave comments! I like to hear feedback from readers!

kennedy54321 GOLD, Madison, Mississippi
This is not fiction.  This is a true story for my life if you take out the saxophone and put in a violin.  Orchestra Camp 2010.  He never called back.  Good job though.

on Feb. 20 2011 at 11:20 am
SongAway BRONZE, Burton-Upon-trent, Other

"I need to find me a quote"??

It's like you've taken a past situation of mine and translated it into the medium of story. Totally relatable. You could try and expand it further, to give it some real depth. I thirdly agree with the theme of 'Band geek love story', the best kind. Haha, keep writing you have really good ideas.

LovelyMiss GOLD, Floresville, Texas
Wow I liked this although I do think u could of added more to this and made it better maybe a little more details but I do think ur off to a great start and u have a very good idea like one of the readers said band geek love awesome amazing idea!!:)

ShenanigansAndMalarkey PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado

Never stop dreaming, it's what changes the world- Cameron Jon Weisz

I love it! Band geek love story.... :) The best kind of love story.

softballfreak42 GOLD, Holmdel, New Jersey

-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-A love story gone wrong. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a love story.
-Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
-When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

WAHOO!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!

Catiejune said...
Catiejune, Cheyenne, Wyoming

we are who we, so don't change that

this is awesome!!!