Love.

“It all starts with the accidental touch of the hand. Then you make eye contact. He asks you on a date, and you say yes. He takes you to a nice, but not too expensive restaurant. You talk about yourselves and you realize how much you have in common. The night is over and he pays the bill. He takes you home, and walks you to the front door. You make eye contact once again. He leans in and kisses you like you’re the only thing in the world at that very moment. You kiss back and you have that perfect moment.

The next thing you know it’s your wedding day and there are a million butterflies in your stomach. You walk down the aisle and see him standing there with his gorgeous smile. Your wedding has been over for a while now and you now have beautiful kids running around and you have no regrets. Now you’ve been married for seventy years, but you feel the same way as when you first touched each other’s hands accidentally”… “I’m it’s our first date and I’ve been talking this whole time; what about you.”

Allycebeth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Though your technical writing could use just a LITTLE work, I love this story. It's beautiful, and honest, and the ending made me smile. (:

Great job!

Vesperstar23 said...
This is a very sweet short story.  I really liked it! This love is rare, but you caught it well. Keep it up!