No Turning Back

My face. I feel it burn red, red as the setting sun. I feel the glow as it slowly spreads across my scarred skin, my blush, no longer contained to my cheeks. I feel my crooked teeth move. They try to smile, my jaws clamped shut, but my nervous, shaking voice rambles word by word about nothing and everything. I feel my hands, my tools with which I write these words, shake as though they are trapped with in the hurricane. Soon, my entire being, hands, feet, everything is shaking like a frail leaf in the eye of the storm. The worst is yet to come. The truth is coming out. My jaw clamped shut to trap the words in, but my crooked teeth leave windows, and soon I feel the words coming out.

"I love you."

There is no turning back.

DifferentTeen said...
I have a piece about the same exact thing, but a little different. I almost named it this too!! If you get the chance, check it out.. its called "What Could have been"

DifferentTeen replied...
Sorry to be random. But I read your Bio and I feel the SAME WAY. My opinions are expressed in "Me and my questions" .. I feel silly trying to get you to read my stuff, but I just think you could really relate to some of my opinions. Just maybe.

Maracuja said...
Just amazing :) I could feel your nervousness.

EyesWideShut This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 10:56 am

Go ahead.

Seriously. Tell the guy. It's obvious from both your pieces, how much you feel for him. I have been EXACTLY where you are, you won't believe it. I kept my secret for a whole year before the dude told me that he loves me.

I felt like the biggest idiot in the world, with the torture I had put myself through keeping the secret and all.

So my point is, take the chance. Really.

You're an awesome writer, by the way. Keep writing. :)

If you will, check ou... (more »)

she.writes.with.red.ink replied...

Opps. I was meant to rate  that five stars. 

Its really good.