Faith is... | Teen Ink

Faith is...

By LoveIsNeverEnding BRONZE, Sheffield, Massachusetts
LoveIsNeverEnding BRONZE, Sheffield, Massachusetts

At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvellously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

I was so pumped we beat the undefeated Summit Lions. I thought that this victory would be the high point of my day, but I was wrong. I was running to the locker room to celebrate with the team when I was on the ground. I was on a girl. My 157-pound body was pinning her petite frame to the moist grass that bordered the field. Our eyes met. I thought love at first sight was some sappy thing that only happened to girls in movies, and for the second time that day I was wrong. I had fallen hard, and passion filled every square inch of my body. I tried to get up. But it seemed like any wrong move would have reduced this girl to a sack of blood and broken bones.
_______________

I never knew that this could be something more than just a chance encounter. A spectator in a crowd of the biggest game of the season was all I expected to be. Without paying attention, we came face to face. Like literally face to face. All I could remember was his body weight pinning me against the moist grass that bordered the field. Our eyes locked. Our eyes like magnets were difficult to pull apart. He opened my heart and butterflies flew out.
_______________

“I’m so sorry,” I said to as I reached out my dirty hands toward her. She firmly took hold, and I hoisted her off of the ground. I can’t tell you what I said; I just didn’t want her to walk away. Even though I had soiled her jeans and her Minnie Mouse t-shirt she was still smiling. A smile that could have stopped every war and brought in a new era of peace. A peace that I never wanted to lose. I introduced myself “Julian.” She did the same. A half audible “Maris” made its way from her lips into the space between us.
_______________

“I’m so sorry,” he said to me as he stretched his dirt-covered hands in my direction. I took hold and our hands merged. I was magically on my feet. I can’t tell you what he said next because all I remember is the sweat glistening on every inch of his exposed skin. I barely managed to catch his name: “Julian.” Then it was my turn. I whispered “Maris.” We spoke with our mouths about the game, while our eyes spoke the words of our hearts.
_______________

-Friedrich Nietzsche

thank you. next time i'll try to word things a little better.

peacewriter BRONZE, Doylestown, Pennsylvania

never say you are happy when you are sad.never say you are fine when your not okay.never say you feel good when you feel bad.and never say you are alone when I'm still alive.

ur so critical

AshRyan BRONZE said...
AshRyan BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

a couple things you should tweak like how he was going to the locker room and was on the ground. just change your word choice.  By the way, criticism would be appreciated on my work (:

crunchyginger18 GOLD, Lawrence, Kansas

"Life Imitates Art" Lana Del Rey

Wonderful! I adored it!