One Amazing Jerk | Teen Ink

One Amazing Jerk

You. With your sparkly brown eyes. Your sharp jaw line. Your perfect abs.
How could you? How could you do this to me? After everything you said; everything you did, now this?
And with her? Of all the girls in the world you chose her!
But just to let you know it doesn't phase me. I don't care if your off sleeping with some other girl while I'm your freaking girlfriend!
So instead of being all dramatic about it I'm going to simply burn you stuff. Everything.
Never to be yours again.

Nadia

I shove the letter into the letter box and stomp back to my house.
After dosing the pile in my back garden with petrol, I let the lit match fall. As if in slow motion I see everything go up in flames. One. By. One.

His hoodie, his jacket, his favourite hat. All the kisses he stole, the moments he made feel like magic, and finally the marriage proposal. All up in flames, gone forever.
How could he do this to me? Even after asking me to marry him millions of times and then finally accepting to settle for when I was 18, he goes and does this? What a jerk!

I can still feel the anger rising up inside of me. I run into the house, grab a baseball bat and start hitting everything in sight. Mirrors smash, photos fall to the ground, walls with punctured holes. I don't
even know what I am doing; it's like the anger has taken over.

I never cried. But anger always acted as my tears, When my brother died, when my father left, and now. Shrinks would say I have an anger problem but they could never fix it, no one could.

In my room, I turn to smash the last mirror standing and then I remembered the one thing I never put in the fire. The butterfly necklace. Technically, I can't burn it as I was the one who picked it out in the
shop for my birthday; he just bought it. My necklace. It never belonged to him.

"Nadia! Nadia! Where are you!"
My mother called, storming through the house shocked at the sight of what I had done; probably thinking it was vandals. But when she came into my room she just stopped. No screaming, no
stomping of her heels. She took one look at me and didn't say a single word.

And that's when it happened.

After 11 years of pain and suffering, I finally felt a tear slip out of my eye and gently fall down my cheek. After 11 years of anger management, tons of psychiatric 'help', I broke my final frontier and
produced a tear. And after that one tear, they couldn't stop. It was as if 11 years worth of tears gushed out my eyes. My mother sprinted towards me in shock, not knowing what to do, and settle
to pulling me into a warm embrace; rocking me back and forth making calming noises.

The real question is do you ever know how one guy could make you feel, and if he really is the one? And are we too young to say we've fallen in love? All I know is, he is one amazing jerk.

on Feb. 5 2011 at 5:47 pm
xInvisibleStrangerx BRONZE, London, Other

You can a million faults in other people, but you can only find one in yourself!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

Smyle SILVER said...
on Feb. 5 2011 at 4:50 pm
Smyle SILVER, Aurora, Colorado

"Better to never have met you in a dream, then to wake up and reach for hands that were not there."

Ah! I love it, your an amazing writer. Good Job :D