Just Jump Already | Teen Ink

Just Jump Already

January 25, 2011
By arizonacutie1221 GOLD, Portland, Oregon
arizonacutie1221 GOLD, Portland, Oregon
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
- unknown


I stand atop of the bridge peering over the side, looking over at the expanding ripples that break the serene top of the lake. My blonde hair is getting slightly tousled by the breeze that swoops down. The dropping sensation in my stomach appears, I’m just not sure if I can do this. Tears start to cascade my face as I think about everything that has happened to me. I take one last breathe and climb on to the rail of the bridge. I am just about to jump when a yell breaks the silence. I turn my head and he is running towards me, a look of pure terror across his face. He came back, that means that he wasn’t lying! He was telling the truth. He runs up to me arms wide open and I jump into them. We look into each other s eyes for what seems like forever. Suddenly he turns away from my face with a look of pure shame. Confusion clouds my eyes. He whispers to me “I love you so much Nikki, but its true.” White hot anger spreads through every fiber of my body. How dare he try to stop me from doing this! How dare he say he loves me and yet cheat on me! I couldn’t take the pain anymore. I pushed him away from me and ran up to the side of the bridge. With one more look behind me I jump.