Just Jump Already | Teen Ink

Just Jump Already

By arizonacutie1221 GOLD, Portland, Oregon
arizonacutie1221 GOLD, Portland, Oregon

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
- unknown

I stand atop of the bridge peering over the side, looking over at the expanding ripples that break the serene top of the lake. My blonde hair is getting slightly tousled by the breeze that swoops down. The dropping sensation in my stomach appears, I’m just not sure if I can do this. Tears start to cascade my face as I think about everything that has happened to me. I take one last breathe and climb on to the rail of the bridge. I am just about to jump when a yell breaks the silence. I turn my head and he is running towards me, a look of pure terror across his face. He came back, that means that he wasn’t lying! He was telling the truth. He runs up to me arms wide open and I jump into them. We look into each other s eyes for what seems like forever. Suddenly he turns away from my face with a look of pure shame. Confusion clouds my eyes. He whispers to me “I love you so much Nikki, but its true.” White hot anger spreads through every fiber of my body. How dare he try to stop me from doing this! How dare he say he loves me and yet cheat on me! I couldn’t take the pain anymore. I pushed him away from me and ran up to the side of the bridge. With one more look behind me I jump.

Maddog357 said...
on Apr. 2 2011 at 10:48 am
Maddog357, Louisville, Kentucky

Friendship is like peeing your pants- everyone can see it, but only you can feel it! :)
OR
Life isn't always fair. Sometimes you may even get a splinter riding down a rainbow!

i luv it !!!!

Jakethesnake BRONZE, Hernando, Mississippi

"Read, Read... Read everything, then write."-William Faulkner

Sad? you havn't read my stuff yet... Although I really don't like it much, I love how the title and the first couple of sentances pull you in. As for the rest of it.... try to work on developing the story a litle more.

MaskedCellist GOLD, Saratoga, California
I like it.

Lillie GOLD said...
Lillie GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

"My gelding was sold to me as a gentlemen. He is. Whenever we go over a fence, he insists on ladies first."
-Unknown

That is so sad.  I think it might be more powerful if there was a bit more set up.  Or maybe if she lived the story could be more about forgiveness and such.