Nothing is More Painful (part 1) | Teen Ink

Nothing is More Painful (part 1)

By emrose SILVER, Rising Sun, Other
emrose SILVER, Rising Sun, Other

My head hurt. I was in pain. I opened my eyes and the room was bright. My dad was looking at me.
“Where am I?” I asked.
“You’re in the hospital sweetie. You were in a car accident.”
My father looked tired. His eyes were heavy and his hair had more silver in it than I remember. My mother was asleep next to me in a chair.
“Honey, she’s awake.” My dad shook my mother. Tears were rolling down his cheeks.
“Oh my goodness!” My mother was standing over me.
“What happened?” I asked.
“You were driving home from work when someone hit you.” She was crying.
“Michael, call Ethan,” She was talking to my father.
“Who is Ethan?” I asked confused.
Both my parents froze where they stood. The shared a glance and then my mother spoke.
“You don’t know?”
“I’ll get the doctor,” my father walked out of the room in a panic.
My mother sat next to me holding my hand. My head was throbbing. The doctor came in and began to ask me questions.
“Can you tell me how old you are and what year it is?”
“Um, I am 18 years old and it is 2005.” I said wondering why he would ask me such simple questions, yet after I answered everyone in the rooms face dropped.
“Can you tell me your name?”
“Selene Martin.”
He turned to my parents. “I’m going to have to run a few tests but I believe she has amnesia. Due to the head injuries she sustained it is not uncommon.”
“Is is temporary?” My father asked. I could hear everything they were saying.
“It’s too early to tell, but some of the tests should give us more information on her specific case.”
The doctor left the room and my parents sat down on either side of me.
“What was he talking about?” I asked.
“The doctor thinks you have amnesia.” My mother said.
“How is that possible?” I asked.
“Sweetheart, the year is 2011 and you are 24 years old.” My mother looked upset.
“You mean I have been in a coma for the past 6 years?” I asked.
“No, you were in a car accident 3 days ago, you just can’t remember anything from the time you were 18.” Tears filled her eyes again.
“It can’t be true. I don’t believe it. I am only 18 years old.” I jumped up from my bed and ran to the bathroom, pulling my IV out of my arm. I saw someone in the mirror. Someone who I didn’t recognize. My mind was telling me that it was a reflection of myself but my eyes saw someone older. An older me. A nurse appeared next to me.
“Please come back to bed, we need to re-insert your IV.” I could feel the blood trickle down my arm.
I began to walk back to the bed when a tall man walked in the room. He had curly brown hair and beautiful green eyes. “Who are you?” I asked.
When there was no answer from anyone I walked over to my mother.
“Please tell me who he is.” I said
No answer.
“Tell me who he is, I deserve to know.” I said with urgency.
“He is your husband.” My mother said through sobs. I turned around to look at him. He was crying softly, but met my gaze. There was love in his eyes. It was too much to handle. I passed out…

Nothing is more painful than not being able to remember...

emrose SILVER said...
on Jan. 25 2011 at 8:16 pm
emrose SILVER, Rising Sun, Other
thanks. Second part is almost done :)

Steph10 said...
on Jan. 25 2011 at 7:03 pm
Steph10, North East, Maryland

Even heroes bleed.

omg. !!!! :D MORE!