I Fake A Smile

Those deep grey eyes look into my eyes. As usual, my heart stops beating. I can't breathe. He walks closer and closer towards me. Do I look okay? I'm so scared.
I wonder if he feels the same way I do. We've been best friends for about a year ago. Everybody always says that the best relationships come out of friendships. Could we be like that?
When he gets close enough, he wraps his arm around me in an awkward embrace. "Are you ready to go to class?"
"Yeah, Dad." I called him Dad all the time. We both had our baby class together, and we were paired as partners. He's the dad, and I'm the mom. Kind of ironic, now that I think about it. He laughs at my little remark.
"Don't kill our baby today, okay?" He laughs at me. Of course. Yesterday I had accidentally dropped the baby, and the teacher told me that I had killed it. Now that was Dan's little joke now. He will never let it go.
We start walking to class together. He has his hand on my back, leading me with the simple touch. He always does that when we go to class together. The touch sends sparks on my skin. I look over at him, and he smiles at me.
Then my boyfriend appears right in front of me. He bends down to kiss me, and the he gives me a hug. I look over at Dan, and see that the smile is gone from his face, and he looks sad. I look at my boyfriend, and fake a smile. I fake a smile every day, every time, and every moment that I'm with him. I don't love him. I love Dan. So, now what?

msoccerm345 said...
oh my goodness girl! i'm going through the same freaking thing! you've probably heard this a million times but follow your heart. your heart knows what you want and will not let you down. obviously the guy that you love, likes you a lot too so i would go with him. i was talking to my best friend about the situation and she told me the same thing. she also told me that i can only make myself happy. if your boyfriend really loves you then he will want you to be happy, even if it means not being wi... (more »)

P@in545 said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 10:01 am:
Wow the way u wrote it really brings the writing to life.

LittleMiss said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 10:37 am:
I love this like A LOT your an amazing author. You have a future in this hun (sorry I'm southern I write the way I talk when it's to people) I hope you never give this up it's amazing. Could you look at my stuff please?

its_just_me replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 7:06 pm :
Thank you. (: And don't worry, I'm southern too. And will do. (:

HollerGirl26 said...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm:

I really, really enjoyed this :) 

Believe me...I bet many girls can relate to this! If you do have a really good idea to branch off of this, then take it! AND YOUR NOVEL WILL BE SPECTACULAR <3 

Thanks :D please check out and comment on my articles if you have a chance?? THANKS A TON!!!

morgankathleen19 said...
i thought this was a really great piece and i think that you could actually base a really amazing novel off of this! and, writing a book about it might help you solve what your dealing with (yes i read the authrs note lol). :)