A Winter Can Change A Lot: Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

A Winter Can Change A Lot: Chapter 1

By emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California

"the pen is mightier than the sword"

We were driving up to the house. I saw the family run out. I saw the father, the mother, the daughter, then the son. My mother in the front seat waved at them. She smiled. I then put my whole attention tithe family. The father I knew was a professor. He looked like one. He had only a small bit of gray hair. The mother had very dirty blond hair and soft blue-green eyes. The daughter had the same colored hair as her mother but her eyes were a clear blue. She was two years older than me. Then, last, the boy. He had dark brown hair with green eyes. He was the same age as me. I hated him.

It wasnt the family I hated. The parents I could never hate and the girl was nice. He was different. He was obnoxious, incorrigible, rude, and a flirt to any girl who would flirt back. So I had a good reason to hate him. He hates me also. That is no loss. But we were now parked. My mom got out I slowly followed.
My mom hugged the parents and the girl. The boy gave her more of a semi-hug. I got out of the car. I hugged the parents, I semi-hugged the girl. I slowly hovered away from the boy. He also hovered away. We were acting like one of us (probably him) had the plague. The parents, Jennifer and Dave, led us into the house. The girl, Lizzie, followed with the boy, Josh.
The house was a soft yellow, a three story (including the attic), and a white rap around porch. It was January, in Vermont. We had helped them choose the house by happy colors outside. Inside is more wintery. I love it here. I love my room the most.

on Jan. 19 2011 at 12:43 pm
ohsnapitsmegan BRONZE, Stockton, California

Writing is just thinking on paper

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a really good story. Just like all your other ones

on Jan. 18 2011 at 8:54 pm

"the pen is mightier than the sword"

don't worry its coming and yes, its more like a preface

on Jan. 18 2011 at 7:01 pm
SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Same here, to be honest, this is more like  a Preface though! Good job! Hope to see the next section soon!

AnnieHay said...
on Jan. 18 2011 at 12:44 pm
AnnieHay, Glendale, New York

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.~Ferris Beuller
The past is the future with the lights on.~Plus 44

i look forward to ch. 2:)