Are you sure?

By , Dalton, GA
Uncomfortable. I shifted awkwardly away from Jonah, and as confusion spread across his face I leaned back into the car seat. Facing in the opposite direction of him. I don’t understand why he had done that, I’m positive that I didn’t send him any signs that I wanted him to. I felt confused because I’m not sure if I should feel offended or flattered.

“Kelsey, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable,” he whispered as he moved closer to me.

“It’s ok, just please don’t ever do something like that again.”

I wanted to go home more than I have ever wanted to go home before in my life. I just needed to get away from him so I could think straight. So that I could make sense of his behavior and convince myself that it would never happen again. Although I am almost positive that he meant to do what he did, and that he would have continued if I would have allowed him to.

But I like him and I don’t want to mess this up, and I’m sure that if I ask him to take me home I can kiss him goodbye. But my innocents are far more important to me then hooking up with the most popular guy at school. I just need to accept that I am nothing more than a body to him, and that I would be the topic that he bragged to his friends about the next day.

“Take me home please,” I asked.

“Home is boring. We could have a lot more fun here.”

I glared at him, “I would like to go home Jonah!”

“Well find your own way, get out!”

I slammed his car door shut. Boys their users and pigs, and I can’t believe that I thought I liked him.