Silent Cuddling | Teen Ink

Silent Cuddling

December 27, 2010
By literatureandkisses BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
literatureandkisses BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She writes like she's starving and reads like she's feasting." -RD Larson


I wake up and feel safe in his arms.
I look over, his hair tousled, his nostrils flaring slightly, matching his slow, breathing pattern in his sleep.
I snuggle up against him, chest to chest, my heartbeat slowly catching up to his, as if our bodies reacted simultaneously to our warm touch.
Both of our bodies are buried under the covers, yet I can see his silhouette from the dim light peering in.
The light made body shine, very little beads of sweat glistening on his small forehead. His lips, softer than the softest thing you can think of.. I couldn’t think of anything better to do than kiss them.
I trace my fingers along his trapezius muscle, then down to his deltoids.
I kiss his cheek lightly, and close my eyes for a second, silently inhaling and exhaling. When I open them, I see him slowly opening his eyes, like a baby opening its eyes for the first time. A smile slides across his face, his gorgeous green eyes staring back at me.
I press my chest against his, my heartbeat starting to pace with his again. I grab his hand and intertwine my fingers with his. Our lips meet at the slightest and softest touch, then they part.
“Good morning, beautiful.” I hear his voice say. I’m so engulfed in my passion for him, that I don’t even realize his lips moving. I smile at him, playing with his hair lightly. “I love you..” I finally say, slowly. “All the things they say about love, it’s true.. You know how I know? Because I get to wake up in your arms every morning. You prove it to me every single day, by not doing a single thing, except being here in the morning. That’s all you have to do, and my day is already going to be just fine.”
He smiled, and kissed my nose. “I think you’re my soul-mate.” he said. “What makes you say that?” I asked curiously.
“Well, I love you. You wanna know why? Because I don’t have to work at being happy when I’m with you. Any time with you is the right time. Nothing is ever wrong if you’re by my side. What I feel for you seems so inhuman at times. You make me into this person I’ve never been before, a person I’m proud to be. The same me that I love, you love as well… that’s amazing. You’re not the easiest person to love, but you’re my soul-mate because you’re the twin to my soul. What I feel for you is deeper than the heart, the mind, the whole body… deeper than this room, this house, this neighborhood, this state, this country… even this whole world.”
We laid there for a while longer, looking for more words to say.
But maybe it’s true what they say, that silence is golden.
Because the look in his eyes told me everything I’d ever wanted to hear.

The author's comments:
This is a continuation of something I previously wrote.. I hope you enjoy it.