As the Soul Calls | Teen Ink

As the Soul Calls

December 4, 2010
By RayaanC BRONZE, Dhaka, Other
RayaanC BRONZE, Dhaka, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Can't we see beyond the scars and make it to the dawn?"

- What About Now, Daughtry

"Literature always anticipates life. It does not copy it but moulds it to its purpose"
-Oscar Wilde


" All that we can possibly imagine is reality in its self"
-Pablo Picasso

"Impossible is a word that only exists in a fool's dictionary"

-Napoleon Bonaparte

I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.

We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it

- Che Guevara (1928 - 1967)

Be as radical as reality.

-Lenin (1870 - 1924)

"Deep inside the folds of my mind, were thoughts uncommon among those of my kind" - Yours' Truly

"There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.”- John Lydon.

"What is mind? Doesn't matter. What is matter? Never mind" - Homer J. Simpson

" I shant stop from propagating the truth even if the moon is brought to my one hand and the sun to the other" -Mohammed(PBUH)

" You are the best of people, evolved from mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong and believing in Allah"
-Al-Quran (3:110)

"Truth shall never prevail over falsehood for falsehood is by its nature bound to parish"
-Al-Quran (17:81)


She slowly sipped her coffee mug as she looked out in to the veranda. Winds were starting to gain momentum as they played with her curtains. She tried harder to distract herself from her usual thoughts. She tried to watch t.v. but quit the attempt after a few minutes. She put her earphones on and put her iPod on shuffle. She had thought that music would help her, she could not have been any more mistaken. Immediately, Celine Dion's flawless voice filled her world.
Every night in my dreams I see you. I feel you. That is how I know you go on.

She felt a slight static shock run through her as his face lit up her memory. Out of nowhere, he was everywhere. She tried to clear her mind but to no avail. He was there, smiling the same enchanting smile that had won her heart so many years back. She tried to reach out to him but as their hands touched, he disappeared. Vanished in to thin air. It was becoming the same old scenario. She knew she had yet another sleepless night ahead of her.
Far across the distance And spaces between us You have come to show you go on.

She felt memories rushing back, transporting her far away from her apartment to the same park where they had met years ago. She was young, fresh out of college, still ignorant to the pains of the outside world. He was a soft young man. His silky black hair was rustled by the afternoon autumn breeze as he played football with his friends. The ball had gone out of play when he rushed out to get it and that was when fates traversed and destinies went parallel. He saw her. She saw him. Cupid grew arrogant with pride at what he had just done. They exchanged only a few words that day but the following few weeks linked them together in an unbreakable bond, or so she thought.
Love can touch us one time And last for a lifetime And never go till we're one

She felt tears trickle down her cheek, it had been enough. She turned the song off and decided to get dressed. As she went outside, the security guards couldn't hide the shock in their faces to see her going out at that hour. She marched on denying the fierce winds and the brewing storm. There were only a few people out on the street but they were all surprised to see a young woman out. The rain started to fall and within minutes, she was drenched. But regardless of all obstacles, she marched on, she needed to see him, it had been too long since they last talked. She knew she couldn't buy any flowers at that hour so she resorted to just picking some out from plantations on the road side. Perhaps I'm going insane, she thought. But she didn't care. At last she turned a corner and slid the door open.

She walked up to him and finally let out a deep breath as she gave him the flowers. She gathered her breath and finally broke down in tears in front of his grave. A storm seemed out of place in December but it seemed nature had just joined in on her pain.



A single rose left to remember
As a single tear falls from her eye
Another cold day in December
A year from the day she said goodbye
Seems it's only been a moment
Since the angels took him from her arms
And she was left there holding on to their tomorrow
But as they laid him in the ground
Her heart would sing without a sound



*last poem is from a song by Daughtry.