Doomed to the Pit of Broken Relationships

Henry grabbed me by my waist as the song began to change. The lights dimmed down and the disco flashes stopped. I wrapped my hands around his neck and twisted my fingers into his hair. I laid my head against Henry’s chest and let him sway me to the music. I could see all the other prom goers doing about the same. Except for the exception of a few having make out sessions. Henry kissed me lightly on the forehead. His lips were cool on my feverish face. I looked up and stared into his misty blue eyes.

Henry stopped dancing and grabbed my hand. He led me outside where a few other people were loitering around a fountain. “Camry,” He whispered in my ear “I’m so sorry.” I pulled away.

“For what?” I questioned. Henry kissed my hand lightly.

“I don’t know how to say this, er, I don’t think we are meant to be together,” Henry mumbled. I knew who Henry was before I met him. He was a ‘babe’ seeking moron. There must have been someone else. And I knew this was going to happen from the beginning.

“Who is it,” I demanded. Henry gave me an ‘innocent’ look but I flashed him a warning glare. Henry looked at a tall fair skinned girl standing with a group. She had stick strait blonde hair that was cut down to her waist. The dress she wore made her look like a skank.

“Damn it Henry!” I shouted, “why must you always be ‘scoping’ for girls!? Why can’t you just grow up?” I could feel the tears spill over the edges of my eyes. I had no doubt that my make up had started to run down my face. I turned abruptly and started to run for home. I could faintly hear Henry call my name but I didn’t care. I had set myself up for disaster. I had doomed myself to the pit of relationships. I ran faster, as my tears descended down my face in a big ’flooded’ mess.

When I finally got home I ran to my room. I sat in front of the mirror for an hour, just staring at my mascara stained reflection. ’Buzz Buzz’ I hurried to pick up my vibrating cell phone. “Hello?” I sniffled.

“Camry where are you? Henry’s looking all over for you,” Bellarie said into the phone.

“Tell Henry I don’t want to see him, ever!” I exclaimed, heated from anger. Bellarie began to question and I told her the story. She offered to take me shopping tomorrow to make me feel better but I declined her invitation. “Sorry Bell, I’m not up to it,” I sighed. Her date was waiting so I let her go. I needed to relax.

I few minutes later I found myself being drenched with the hot soothing waters of the shower. I stayed in there until I was a little bit easier with the whole situation. I wrapped a towel under my arms and headed into my room. I dressed in the silky pajamas my dad got from China and tucked myself under the blanket. I cried. I cried from the dagger that was plunged into my heart tonight. I cried while feeling every inch of the invisible blade. I cried for love.