It Ended with a Kiss | Teen Ink

It Ended with a Kiss

By soccersnooch SILVER, Cave Creek, Arizona
soccersnooch SILVER, Cave Creek, Arizona

I don’t know what it was that made me fall for him. Maybe it was his soft kiss on my forehead. Or maybe it was his warm hands on mine. Everything about him was perfect. All I know is it didn’t end that way.

“Hurry up! Your flight leaves in about 2 hours!” mom yelled. Our wood floor creaked as my feet hit the ground rapidly.
“I’m coming!” I yelled urgently. Once my mom was in sight I bent over breathing heavily attempting to catch my breath. I kissed my mom goodbye as a single tear rolled from my face. I forced a smile upon my face as I walked away knowing the next time I saw her things would never be the same.

The sweet smell of salty peanuts wafted through the air as a desperate attempt to mask the stench of B.O. that filled the plane. The soft sound of snores surrounded me. A thin gray fog hung low over the snowy mountains. Birds soared gracefully through the clear blue sky. They were free of thought, free of stress, and free of care, which made me envy them.

“We will be landing in about two minutes in San Diego, California. Thank you all for flying with us today.” said the pilot in a raspy voice. My heart dropped suddenly leaving me with an empty feeling throughout my stomach. That’s when I remembered, in just a few minutes I would be face to face with my dad. My dad that I haven’t seen for six years. My dad that last saw me as a kid. My dad that left my family in tears.

“You’ve grown,” whispered a voice from behind me. I turned around to see a shady man standing against a wall. His face was unshaved, his eyes dark and mysterious complementing his dark shaggy hair.
“Well that’s usually what happens in 6 years.” I snapped back. I look up and see his sparkling eyes looking right at mine. His arms outspread waiting desperately to be hugged. I turned away immediately.
“Please,” he begged sincerely. I could hear the hurt in his voice, the need in his voice, and the want in his voice. And I knew at that moment he felt exactly what I felt six years ago; desperation, sadness, and desire.

The floors that glistened like stars, the walls were a dark chestnut color, and the house looked brand new. I walked outside to get used to the warm and humid weather. Outside, the only noises to be heard were the soft chirps of the seagulls that were perched on rocks and the soothing sound of waves crashing onto the sand which gently tickled my bare feet. I lay down on the velvety sand, next to blue shimmering water, surrounded by a beautiful magenta sunset. In the distance I saw a dark figure heading in my direction. His teeth shining, his muscles defined in his dark wife beater, his dirty blonde hair messy and tangled, and his glistening golden eyes were mysterious making me want to know more.

With his surfboard caressed in his arms he walked so gracefully toward the shoreline. His feet sank into the wet ground as he laid his surfboard carefully on the fluttering waves. He slowly paddled into the roaring waves. Something about him was extremely alluring and desirable. It could have been the way his skin shimmered in the sun or maybe it was the way his tight t-shirt hugged his toned body. No matter what it was I wanted his attention, I craved his attention, and I needed his attention. That’s when I did something that would change everything. I walked by him with my head held high, shoulders broad, back straight, and with more confidence than ever.

“Hey!” yelled a voice from afar. I turned my head to see drops of water gliding through the air coming from his luscious, golden hair as he flipped it. Our eyes met and his perfect smile sent chills down my spine. As he approached me I gave a timid smile. I had already lost any confidence I had before.

“Have I seen you here before?” he asked.

“Ummm…” I hesitated. “No, I live with my mom in Colorado. I’m just spending my winter break here.”

“Really? My dad has a house in Denver and I’m only here with my mom for 1 week too!” he exclaimed

“Oh, that’s really… cool. Maybe I’ll see you in Colorado someday.” I giggled jokingly.
“I’m Drew by the way,” he said swiftly.
“Nice to meet you Drew,” I whispered. Off in the distance I heard someone desperately trying to get Drew’s attention. Drew cocked his head to the side and waved to his friend. His glistening eyes shone like the stars as he stared at me and sincerely apologized as he began to run off. He turned back and the last thing I heard was his soft voice.

“Wait, I never got your name,” Drew said calmly.

“Natasha.” I replied with a smile.

“That’s a really beautiful name Natasha.” Drew said as he ran off into the dark, misty night. With one last heart stopping smile Drew was gone leaving me with a smile across my face and a life that would never be the same.

I woke up to the sound of crashing waves and a light wind.
I scurried to put on my new hot pink bikini and headed out the door right away to find Drew. Off in the distance I saw a perfectly tanned and magnificently toned body and I immediately knew it was Drew. I looked down at the rosy sand and the next thing I felt was Drew’s warm arm around my shoulder sending shivers down my back. The next few hours consisted of amorous hugs, romantic games, and deep conversation. Deep conversation about friends, enemies, school, work, parents, siblings, hate, and love.
Once the stars began sparkling and the crescent moon lit up the night sky, Drew took me to a bonfire under the starry, clear sky. Everything was absolutely perfect, Drew’s jacket covered my bare arms, the bonfire provided warmth, my head lay on his shoulder, and all that was needed to make it even more perfect was one kiss. Just one kiss to leave my heart racing, my mind blown, and my trip absolutely perfect. His eyes looking deep into my soul, his smile lighting up the dark night sky, his lips shimmering in the moonlight made me realize that now was the last chance I would have to kiss him. With my heart pounding I leaned in, and our lips met perfectly interlocked. Chills ran throughout my body along with adrenaline, my breathing was heavy and my head was spinning as I attempted to figure what had just happened.
I stood up feeling lightheaded looking into Drew’s heavenly smile. My hand slowly ran down his chest as a tear trickled from my face leaving an imprint in the sand. My heart raced as I realized I would never see Drew again. I hooked my arms around his neck as he placed his hands gently on my back. I never wanted to let go of him. I never wanted to let go of our romance. I definitely never wanted to let go of our love, our love that started with just a few words and ended with a kiss.

Do you ever get those dreams that seem so real that you can feel everything you do in your dream? A few nights before writing this I had a dream very similar to this about me and my boyfriend and I could have sworn it was real. When I woke up the next morning I remembered all of it so perfectly that I decided to make a story out of it. Originally, it was much different, but I handed it in as an assignment so I changed the requirements to fit those of the project.

on Dec. 3 2010 at 6:22 pm
Haha thank you very much!!! (:

on Dec. 3 2010 at 6:21 pm
Thank you so much! And yeah I will definitely take a look at your work :)

on Dec. 3 2010 at 3:18 pm
ohdamnitsnico, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
this is so cute! && really good! :)

on Dec. 3 2010 at 2:17 pm
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
amazing !! i really like it , it really seems a dream ... please can u check some of my work! and thnx... :D