Hello There | Teen Ink

Hello There

By Spcpa_dancer12 BRONZE, Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Spcpa_dancer12 BRONZE, Coon Rapids, Minnesota

"If you love what you you then it will never be Work" -John Marcy (my grandpa )

The force pushed me back into my seat. I can help but smile, ten hours and I’ll be in London. Ten hours until I’m back in his arms. It’s been so long, way too long, but we’ve made it work, Skypeing night after night, the long distance phone calls for hours. I can’t believe that we’ve made it work. No one three years ago thought we could do it, me living in Minnesota and him living in London. If someone three years ago told me I would have fallen in love with an exchange student then end up marring him I would have called them crazy. I had my whole life planed out for myself, College, Grad school then the workplace. I never considered anything else; I never considered deviating from my plan. But then he came along and changes my whole life. He shows me there is more to life than plans and playing it safe. Sometime you just have to throw everything you know out the window and risk it all. 5 hours and I’ll get to kiss him again. I’ve imagined this day for the last 6 months since he got on the plane and flew away from me. He’ll be waiting there for me when I get there. The first thing I see in London will be his face. The first thing I’ll touch is his body. The first meal I will share with him. 2 and a half hours to go, I look down at ring on my finger. I remember the day he proposed to me like it was yesterday. He surprised me at work. Everyone at work knew he was coming even my boss. He walked in like he did it every day brought me coffee, I didn’t even notice him at first. I started to cry even before he got down on one knee. Then he did, I was a blubbering fool. Half Hour left to go. They just announced that we’re descending. My heart is fluttering in my chest. The force pushes me back into my seat, I can’t help but smile. I can’t believe that I’m landing in London. I stand up and grab my carry-on. I get off the plane nearly running up the ramp. I run through the door and there he is standing there. I loose my breath as his warm arms wrap around my body. I start to cry. He whispers in my ear the first thing he ever said to me. “Hello there”

this is not a personal story but was inspired by true events.
this is the first peice i've writin in almost a year.