To Tell Love

Sigh...this is harder than I thought it would be. As I’m packing my stuff to leave, I keep picking up the phone in hopes that she will call...but the only thing I’ve been receiving are texts from my damn Srgt. reminding me that I only have two hours left. I’m so frustrated and angry with myself, if only I could make her realize how much I love her! But what if she doesn’t love me? No….I can’t make myself look freaking ridiculous by telling her I love her. No way, I’m not going to be embarrassed like that. But wait…what if she does love me...Ugh this is just too frustrating. I keep thinking that I hear my phone ring but this time it really was ringing...And it’s her!! Should I answer? What should I tell her?

---------------

I walk into the kitchen and seen that my mom made coffee and turned the TV onto the news for me. It’s my every day ritual. But this morning my stomach’s in so much pain, my heart is torn and my eyes are so swollen I can barely see. I grab a wash cloth and wet it with warm water and lay down on the couch with my dog pepper. I finally get relaxed and set the wash cloth on my eyes, but then I start thinking of him…god I miss him so much… it’s only been one day and I can’t hold my composure for anything. I get frustrated because the warm water is starting to burn my eyes and I throw the wash cloth across the room and curl up in a ball and just let everything I have in me out. I have to call him…I need to let him know how I feel. I love him and I know for sure it’s a 100% love. Not some puppy love that a hormonal middle school kid experiences. I reach for my phone and start dialing his number but then I realize what if the feeling isn’t mutual. Oh goodness that’d be so embarrassing. I’ll just wait, I mean he is going to Afghanistan so it’s not like we could really work on our relationship. Oh but it’d be so nice to write letters to him and to receive special gifts from the many places he’s going to be. I finally get off the couch and decide to go outside. With pepper following my tracks in her peppy little step, I walk around our block for awhile to clear my mind. When we get half way around, I start bursting into tears, there’s no way people can see me like this. So I run inside, and with butterflies in my stomach and anxiousness in my throat I check my phone…… still no calls, no messages, no emails. NOTHING! I throw my phone down on the couch. I start heading upstairs and realize that someone is going to have to make the call eventually. So I run back downstairs and press the speed dial number… it starts ringing….

----------------

I missed it, I missed her call! How could I do that? I should’ve answered, now she’s going to think that I don’t want her, or that I don’t care about her. Because in all actuality, I love her and I know she’s the one I’m going to eventually ask to be my wife. Ok here goes nothing, it’s ringing…I can hear the sadness in her voice as she answers. She’s been crying, I can tell. There’s something about her, after she cries she has the cutest face. I wish I could be there to embrace her and make this better.

-------------------

“Hello?” Larissa answering with butterflies in her stomach.

“Hey, I’m sorry I missed your call my phone was on vibrate,” Jon said in a pleading voice.

“There’s something I need to tell you...I don’t know how to say this, I mean, I don’t want to sound stupid when I say this I just...” Larissa started saying before getting interrupted.

“I love you.”

rhymertapperdreamer said...
I love this so much, I'm giong to favorite it! :)

Music_luvr replied...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 8:50 am
Awe..thank you so much!! =] definitely let me know about some of your work and i'll check it out!! And definitely share this article with your friends!! =]

Music_luvr said...
Thank you so much =] i appreciate your compliment.

spcpa12 said...

this was really cute!! you should keep going on with this. what happens to them after boot camp, after a deployment, foreign duty station assigment?? you could do a whole series of these short stories/ blurbs about military life

good luck :)

ps im a Marine sister and my brother is getting married went through a situation like this with his fiance

Music_luvr replied...
Thank you for your feed back =] umm when  you ask what happened do you mean in real life? This was kind of a real life situation but I made it a little more dramatic lol. In real life me and anonymous decided it was best to just be friends..and it was hard. And I might keep continuing more short stories on it, not quite sure yet =] thanks again!

Emmaline1224 said...
so awsum!!  i like couldn't find any grammer error or anything! so keep up the good work!  i loved it!

BeautyandBeast said...

that made me cry, that was really awesome!

Kepp going!

Music_luvr replied...
Awe i'm sorry, my intentions were not to make anyone cry :( and like i told someone just a few minutes ago, i'm not sure i can continue...it's still painful to this day to talk about it. We'll see. =] thanks for the compliment though!