My Dearest

My Dearest,

I wish I met you earlier on in life. I wish your loving voice reached me sooner, before it was too late. I know that you love me and I love you too but, I can never give you what you gave me until I’m freed from the past.

You’re more than I could ever deserve. Your smile revives me everyday. You’re the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me. I don’t know how to explain this but when I’m with you, I feel like I’m worth something. I’ve been ignored all my life. No one wanted anything to do with me. Instead, I was often abused with harsh words and I found myself fighting to survive. I thought that love was a myth and that deep down no one was kind. The world was ugly and despairing and so was I. But you showed me that love exists and that there really are people out there that are truly beautiful inside and out. You helped me to realize that I too can find happiness. And that maybe the world isn’t so bad after all.
I wish I could repay you for what you’ve done. All I can offer you is my love. I know it’s not much but it’s all I have to give. Someday I will learn to break free from the past and look towards the future and then perhaps I can offer you a little bit more. But one thing is for certain:

I promise that I will never stop loving you.