Sunset. | Teen Ink

Sunset.

By shmadii123 BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
shmadii123 BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

On a warm afternoon, I sat by the lake pondering how amazing it would feel to be with him for the rest of my life. Living happily, so in love.

The scenery is beautiful today. Bright green grass, baby blue sky, and the smell of flowers lingering in the cool breeze. The sun’s reflection on the water radiates a tranquil feeling. This is the perfect setting to think about anything, but at this very moment all I can think about is him. I feel something graze my neck and I look down. This gorgeous necklace appeared. It’s a beautiful necklace. Almost like blue crystals. But this isn’t just ordinary blue. It’s the prettiest blue I have ever seen. It was as blue as a moonbeam in the winter sky. It formed a heart. For a moment I thought I was just dreaming, but as I turned around it was him. He was wearing a brown Hollister shirt with kaki shorts. The sun against his skin made him look tan. His dirty blonde hair made his blue eyes stand out. I was surprised and after those couple seconds of silence I almost had forgotten to say something. I felt a little embarrassed and awkward. But I started a conversation anyway.

We started talking and then he asked me if I wanted to go for a walk in the park. I couldn’t say no. He’s sweet, smart, nice, athletic, and trustworthy. Why would I say no? I couldn’t believe it. There we were. In the park, walking side by side, having a normal conversation. It was quiet outside and no one was really out there besides the few kids playing on the swings. We were talking, but I just kept getting lost in his eyes. But, I managed to hold a decent conversation.
As we walked back to the lake, it was finally sunset. This is exactly how I imagined it would be. We lay in the grass as we gazed at the beautiful sight. He looked over at me and grabbed my hand. He told me how he felt about me. I told him how I felt and that was that. Who knew it was that simple? He offered to take me home and as you know, I couldn’t say no. Especially not now.

We got to my house. Nothing really happened. No hug or anything. When I got inside I basically screamed at the top of my lungs! I was too happy to breath. I ran up the stairs to my room to go write in my journal and I slipped. Right before I hit the ground, I woke up.
Sitting up in my bed, I stared blankly at the wall in front of me. Tears rolled down my face. I couldn’t believe it was just a dream. I was in denial. Then, I tried to go back to sleep to see if I could dream it again. It was too surreal for my imagination.

What about now you ask? I’m just another girl to him. After all, I have been his best friend since second grade. Maybe we were only meant to be best friends. Is it best this way? He won’t be able to break my heart, but he won’t be able to hold my hand. Love is unreachable, untouchable, irresistible. Why can‘t I find it?. I guess that’s life. Your probably asking: Who is this guy? Well, I think I’m going to keep that to myself…for now.