All In One Minute | Teen Ink

All In One Minute

By Jeessaayyx GOLD, East Boston, Massachusetts
Jeessaayyx GOLD, East Boston, Massachusetts

I look at the clock; it says 10:24. Like any other day, I begin to think of you. I think about why you’re gone, and why you’re not mine. That’s when I look back, look back on what I thought we had. I remember the slightly warm feeling you brought to me when you kissed me and the ear to ear smile would appear to my face… Now, things are different. Just the thought of you makes me want to spit blood. Every time I look at you I feel a burning heat rise through my veins, the tears in my eyes ready to burst out. When you give me a stare-of-hate, I feel an icy chill run down my spine fighting with the burning flame in my veins. It’s been past a year now, isn’t time suppose to heal the pain? Then why hasn’t anything changed, why do I still feel like I’m the one to blame? Haven’t I been through enough with all the heartaches, sadness and never ending pain? In the middle of my endless thoughts, I feel a frosty tear dash down my boiling skin. That second, I knew you were still a part of me. That idea made my heart stop and lose my breath. After all this time, I just can’t let go of you. No matter how hard I try, after what you did to me, my heart will never beat the same. By this time, I’m hoping class will end. I look at the time and its only 10:25...

Nothings perfect, and neither was our relationship...

SideraCaeli GOLD, Marysville, Washington

“Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” -John Jakes.

This was awesome! Sounds so similar to me! Love it!

ambergem SILVER, Tavares, Florida

" The heart is the most important part of the body, so why shouldn't stories be written about love? "

Beautiful. I didn't want it to end(:

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

I can really relate to this! I have a few pieces up about a relationship that fell apart too, and I sent him the link to one of them. We aren't exactly friends right now, but it's better than what it was. Please check out and comment on some of my work as well!! :) 

on Nov. 20 2010 at 10:37 am
Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
That is exactly how I feel about it. I could totaly relate to it.

mleveypabst said...
on Nov. 20 2010 at 9:56 am
Fantastic framing!

cama7 BRONZE said...
cama7 BRONZE, Los Alamos, New Mexico

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" John Lennon

Beautifully written! It really resonated with me.