Living Fate | Teen Ink

Living Fate

By TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

The first rain drop touches my cheek, making me shiver. Soon thousands of little wet drops are soaking my shirt. By now I am so sick of waiting I could walk away and not care, but that would be a complete lie, for as soon as I see his face i'll be glad I stayed and I will forget everything I promised myself. So I stay, standing in the pouring rain, wishing I would have listened to my mom and grabbed an umbrella.

It has been an hour, I have waited an hour for him and I am so mad I want nothing more than to scream at him, but hes not here. I finally pick up my backpack and walk away, I don't know what this means, are we done? Did he find someone else to hangout with and leave me standing in the rain waiting? I don't know, all I know is I am going home.

I called twenty times that night, all I got was his voicemail, everytime. I was so mad at him. All I wanted was an explanation for why he never showed, but he couldn't even give me that. So the last voicemail I left I said only two words " it's over".

I still remember the call i recieved that day, My heart was no longer in my chest. I recieved a call from His phone early saturday morning. I answered it expecting him to beg for me to not break up with him, but it wasn't Sam. It was Sam's mom. She told me that his car had died while he was backing out of the driveway and when he finally got it to start again he rushed to see me and when he went to our meeting place, I wasn't there. So he drove to my house and he was trying to hurry, trying to beat me home so i wouldn't be mad, he ran a stop sign and was hit by a car. He died on impact. If I had stayed at the place where we were susposed to meet, sam would still be alive. If I would have stayed I could have told him how mad I was, then he would have pulled me into his arms and I would have forgot why I was mad, and everything would be right in my world, but I gave up on him and I left. I left Sam standing in the rain forever.

Hope you enjoy!