All The Years Of My Life | Teen Ink

All The Years Of My Life

November 5, 2010
By LinedWithCharcoal GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
LinedWithCharcoal GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
13 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Make pasta not war~


All the years of my life, I have been Clover's best friend.
All the years of my life, she has been mine.

-"I love you, Mason!"
"Me too, Lucky."-

All the years of my life, we threw popcorn at stupid chick flicks on Valentine's Day.

All the years of my life, I have been her Valentine.

All the years of my life, she has been mine.

- "This movie is so stupid. We all know what's going to happen and how it's going to end."

"So true." Just do it, man. I reveal the pink rose that I kept concealed behind my back. She gasps.

"You remembered!" I nod and kiss her on the cheek.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Lucky." –

All the years of my life, I have wondered if there would ever be a happy ending for me.

All the years of my life, I knew there would be one for her.

All the years of my life, I tried to shield her from pain.

- "This… this guy is playing you, Lucky."

"You don't know anything! Just… go! Go away!" –

All the years of my life, we both knew it wouldn't work.

All the years of my life, I've loved her smile. Her laugh. Her soft blonde hair that cascades down her back and rests at her waist. But, most of all, I love her piercing green eyes that can read absolutely anybody like a book.

- "You're beautiful, Lucky." I watched the blush creep up her cheeks. She looks at her feet.

"Thanks." –

All the years of my life, she's the only person that gets me.

All the years of my life, she's held on to my heart.

- "I love you, Mason.

"I… I don't, Lucky." I watched the tears stream down her face. Even when she was heartbroken, she still looks as beautiful as ever. "I… I can't." –

All the years of my life, she grabbed on tight and never let go.

All the years of my life, I stupidly brushed her away, not seeing what was right in front of me.

But now she's gone. Because I didn't love her back.

- "She's gone, Mason." I freeze. "I'm sorry."

"What? NO!" -

All the years of my life, and all the years to come, she has been and always will be, my Lucky Clover.

The author's comments:
This was a title prompt, given to me at the beginning of last year by my teacher. He told us that we had fifteen minutes to write whatever, but we had to use the title. I'd already had these characters, so I just recycled them here.