Young and in Love | Teen Ink

Young and in Love

November 4, 2010
By seahorses4life SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
seahorses4life SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Human flesh melts at approximately 572 degrees Fahrenheit. So, I guess you could say, "You make my heart heat up to approximately 572 degrees Farenheit," but that doesn't sound very nice. Nor does the image one gets when he hears that. If my heart melted inside my chest, I would probably die on the spot. Thankfully, you don't really make my heart melt every time I think of you. If that were the case, I would die several times in a day and that is something I'd like to avoid.



But you do make me heart feel something. It's not love. Oh, by no means is it even close to love. I love my mum. I love my dad. I love my dog. I have a love-hate relationship with my brother. I bake cookies with love. I love my shirt that has the picture of the cat on it. I love the movie Good Burger. I like you, though.



I really like you. You make my heart melt when I see you and my stomach gets butterflies when you talk. Not real butterflies, silly. Metaphorical butterflies that represent how nervous I get when you are around; they way I suddenly get quiet and demure and I try to avoid any sort of direct eye contact with you, but I don't want to look distant and uninterested so I just stare are you forehead and pray I don't look like I'm staring at your forehead.



Sometimes, I wish I was Ann Hathaway in the movie where she plays the girl who is a dork, but finds out she's a princess and is suddenly popular. I think that's how the movie goes. I'm not sure if you like princesses, though, and I don't think I look very good in a dress, nor am I very princess like, but I would try to look good in a dress if that's what it takes.



I don't spend late nights waiting for 11:11 or a shooting star to pass by so I can wish for your attention, though. That would be selfish. You are clearly in love with someone else, and it does more than break my heart. I spend nights wondering if I ever leave a lasting impression on you; do you ever wonder where I am at any given moment? Because I wonder that same exact thing about you sometimes. I imagine you somewhere else, on a date, happy and laughing because you are young and in love. It's okay though. I am also young and in love, but I don't think loving Good Burger counts as being in a relationship.