Threadbare

I feel like there is a gun resting against my head. No, not my head. My leg or something. If the trigger were to be pulled, i wouldn't die. I wouldn't cease to exist. I would live on, but not the same way i did. I would never be whole again, i would be crippled. But with all these woulds and wouldn'ts i'm ignoring the fact that there is a gun aimed at me, my head or leg or any other miscellaneous body part. I'm hanging by a cable. Or at least, it was a cable. I was strong. Emphases on was. The years went my and my cable became threadbare, everyone I ever loved seemed to need to take a little piece of me as a souvenir. There must be someone that doesn't need to take a piece of me.
Never did i think I'd be standing at the edge of a cliff, ready to jump. It would be so easy to jump. Land in the soft arms of abyss. To be comforted by darkness. Death has taken enough from me, the least it could do is see me off. I won't jump though, i know i won't. Dispite the hurt they caused me, i couldn't bear to hurt them. After all, there might be some one out there that would care. That wouldn't let me jump. They might even catch me. They might not pull the trigger, or even take out the gun.

DakotaShadow said...
uhh thanks.. i guess

DakotaShadow replied...
oh yeah, and it is a romance story. writing is a personal thing. I may not have put this across in the writing but then again i was not trying to. This is about suicide. obvious enough. the reason for the suicide, well, thats were the romance comes in. its not something i'm ok to share with the world yet though

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
It's good.Not great.Not really a romance story either.

DakotaShadow said...
Nov. 1, 2010 at 10:57 am
Thank guys these comments mean a lot to me

allyfitz said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 11:25 am
wow this is incredible, and i honestly feel the same way you do. i have depression and what stops me from making my thoughts a reality is exactly what you explained throughout your story. thank you for writing this! its amazing!! (:

mskullgirl said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 8:49 am
This is really good! Short and to the point. I like!

thewriteidea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

wow this is really good! you are a great writer.

check out some of my work, too if you'd like. keep writing!

DakotaShadow said...
please comment