He Got His Way | Teen Ink

He Got His Way

October 21, 2010
By machadosays BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas
machadosays BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

‘Just a girl’ is all I am to him; and I have a feeling I was never anything more. He was everything to me: with his curly black hair, tanned skin and dark brown eyes. I had never wanted anybody more than him- and he knew it. But I was ‘just a girl’.

He knew the right time to lie; and boy did he do it so well. After making plans for so long about seeing him Christmas Eve, he calls, “I can’t make it tonight,” he tells me, “I have family things I need to take care of.” Little did I know that those ‘family things’ involved sticking his tongue down his ex-girlfriends throat at a Christmas party. Nice to know one of us can be faithful to the other.

Later that night, I got another phone call. ‘Whoa-oh, amber is the color of your energy, whoa-oh, shades of gold displayed naturally,’ that song was my favorite until I picked up the phone and found out the truth about what he had been doing. “Hey babe, we need to talk,” anything that a guy says ending with ‘we need to talk’ is never good. My heart sinks, “what’s wrong?” I ask, “how did the ‘family thing’ go?” he lets out a sigh, “well, that’s what we need to talk about,” I can feel the steel piercing the skin, “I wasn’t really with my family tonight,” its going through the breast plate, “I went to Tessa’s.” There it goes, right through my heart.

I knew he was too good to be true- just like any other man. He played with my heart; my emotions. I hang up- nothing else could be said through the tears that were flowing from my eyes. I couldn’t even see the screen on my phone because of how bad it hurt.

He tried calling back, several times. Voicemail after voicemail- he filled up the inbox. But I didn’t want to hear the lies; I didn’t want to listen to the stories he had come up with. He made it seem like he cared, but in reality: he could have cared less. He finally got his way- he finally got out of the relationship he never wanted to be in.


The author's comments:
Boys are all the same.