He said | Teen Ink

He said

October 23, 2010
By WriterFighter PLATINUM, Wilsonville, Other
WriterFighter PLATINUM, Wilsonville, Other
32 articles 3 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
*Women and men are very different, but not when it comes down to their heart


"Just hold me dear".
Mathew's arms wrapped around her, his hands resting near her chest. Nicole's head tipts backwards and she sighs, as he breathes hot air in her ear. Nicole giggles and pushes Mathew away.
"But darling," says Mathew,
"I thought you said you wanted me to hold you?" Nicole pranced to the middle of the room. Fingers trailling the contour of her bare body. Mathew laughed as she began to twirl. "My dear, I am a ballerina! Now let me fill your thoughts." She began to swirl, twirl and jump. Dancing to the beat of her own drum. Mathews eyes began to trail her body. As she danced it was like her presence turned into a floating star. Hovering far above. Her eye caught his, then she opened the door and walked into the night's mist. Diplets of water trickling down her bare spine, as Nicole began to rhyme.

"She sways her own way,
She lives freely everyday,
She observes her lover's way,
Until the day were he might say;
Come to the place were we used to play,
And wear the dress that makes you look the way,
You did when we were young,
Wear that ribbon upon your lovely olive skin and,
Let me fill your heart.
I shall present you with a tiny box,
And reveals its tiny thought,
Then you shall be my wife until the sun turns off its light."

By her words, Mathew rose from the bench in the room and went to Nicole's side outisde. Her eyes closed, twirling. He reaches for her hand and joined in with her rhythm. The two, dripping with the night's mist, under the full moons bright light. Then he got down on one knee and receited the words that Nicole longed to hear so dearly.

"You are my soul,
My life.
Now I wish you to be my wife."


The author's comments:
I hold this piece closely to my heart because it is a beautiful example of a farytale.