Faithful in the Heart of you--Part-One | Teen Ink

Faithful in the Heart of you--Part-One

October 20, 2010
By Anonymous

story takes place colonial times, in a town outside of a colonial city. This is a colonial love story also.


I mounted my horse Dorsey, I wish I preferred regular English than Side Saddle but I had to because it was lady-like to ride in town Side Saddle. My father mounted his horse and we were off to go shopping for a ball gown since I was of age to go and I would be the next to be able to get married. As I went into town, I saw Kaleb I had been crushing on forever since I had gone to school unlike my other sisters. Kaleb he was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Wilson of Yorkshire Park. I slowed down on Dorsey and he walked over to me and place on of his hands on Dorsey’s neck and the other on my dress.

“Kaleb,” I shouted to him “how are you doing?”


“I am doing fine,” Kaleb smiled “how are you doing yourself.”
His blue eyes stared into mine I smiled back at him and he helped me off and led Dorsey into his stable area then he escorted me to his father’s shop. His father smiled and shook my hand, I went back outside and walked around the garden, suddenly my father came out of the shop and then got on his horse and told me that he was going back home, and that I was to stay with Kaleb no matter what for my protection. I turned around and Kaleb was there instead of being shocked because he was close to me but, I loved being real close to him. Kaleb smiled then stepped towards me until he was about 5inches away from me. He put his hand on my cheek and brushed my hair out of my face and then he kissed me.
“I love you,” Kaleb said excitingly.

“I love you...,” I looked at him and then smiled “too.”
I felt everything coming together I really did like him and I would never forget him ever, I did not know that Kaleb had ever liked me the way I did. I felt more when he placed his hand on my waist and then he pulled me in. My corset made it hard to breathe even though I did not want to stop kissing Kaleb, then Kaleb pulled away, since it was getting dark soon, I would have to stay at his house for the night. Kaleb’s father came out and grabbed Dorsey from the pasture and undid her saddle and put her in a stall and told me that I would not be safe riding her back so I would have to spend the night. When I walked into the house Kaleb’s father held the door open and Kaleb escorted me into the dining hall and his mother sat at one end of the table and his father at the other, then all of Kaleb’s sisters there was four of them and his little brothers, which there were five of them. I sat next to his mother and then Kaleb sat next to me. Dinner consisted of four courses, which was very good indeed.
“So Mrs. Wilson, how long do you expect me to stay here at Yorkshire Park?”

“As long as you want,” she said then she smiled and looked at Kaleb “and as often as you want.”
When dinner was done Kaleb led me up to the room where I would be staying and closed the door behind him and he walked towards me and told me that he has been in love with me ever since he had seen me when I was playing with him when we were little. Then he stepped towards me again, looked into my eyes, leaned in, and kissed my forehead and then my hand. Then he showed me a door behind a huge carpet that hung on the wall that had horses all over it. He then opened the door and told me that if I could not sleep that I just come in here and call his name and that he would come. He walked over to a bookshelf and took something off the self then when he handed it to me, he told me to read it and then put what I think in it.
“This book consists of everything from when I first met you almost 10 years ago when we were about 8 years old.”

“Thank you,” I said politely “I will enjoy reading it.”
I took it and then I went into the room that I was staying in and shut the door behind me and then I got into a evening dress and then I got into the bed and I read the book, it was his diary over the years that he had known me. I read pages of love letters to me that he kept to himself all these years; I was in love with a man who was in love with me. I fell asleep with the book in my hand, I had noticed when I had woken up the next morning that the bookmarker was out and the book was wide open next to me on the page. He had be wanting to talk to my father to see if he was compatible with me, so he could asks for my hand in marriage. The house cleaner came in a helped me tighten my corset, she talked about Kaleb always talking about dreaming of me. I smiled I couldn’t help it I was just too excited and could not believe that he was going to asks me and it was going to be soon. “Oh my lady the master is always talking about your charm and your beauty not only your attractiveness but your beautiful personality and how he loves you very much.” The house cleaner tightened my corset even tighter than before my top did not feel as if they were apart of me anymore.

“Thanks,” I said, “I love him a lot too.” “He’s everything I ever imagined marrying someday.”
Then the house cleaner asks if she could come along to see my ball gown so that she may enjoy seeing me before Kaleb but she would not tell him that I looked beautiful or anything because she was every help to me getting ready. I went with Kaleb’s mom and the house cleaner to go get my dress. The dress that Kaleb’s mom put together was gorgeous and I loved it on me, she looked like she was going to cry when I put it on. We put the dress in a huge tapestry thingy so no one could see it and then we arrived back where Kaleb was waiting to see me for the first time since last night. His Blue eyes sparkled when I said his name, he also blushed which was cute. I loved his long blonde hair and his blue eyes hiding underneath of them.

He went to the stables, got Dorsey, and his horse Millie. I was to go into town and get something to wear with the dress to the ball, and since the trip was, only a minute long so Kaleb would escort me to the shop and then his mother would bring my dress to the place to get me ready. Kaleb and I finally got into town and he led me to a garden, which we walked, and then he stopped me completely. He put my hand around my waist I could fell my corset ripping when I breathed in. He pulled me in close to him and kissed my forehead and then my lips.

“I do have a question to ask you, you really do not have to hear me unless you want to.” Kaleb smiled.


“Ok I would love to hear the question, Kaleb I would be glad to listen to you.” I replied.

“I know that you have been my sweetheart for not very long but the other day I was thinking about you before you came into town riding on your horse with your father. I am very pleased to say and ask the question that I will without further redo.”

Every word out of his mouth was as if he was kissing me. Kaleb reached into his pocket and then pulled out a little box and opened it and pulled out a ring. He then grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes and he got down on his knee.

“Will you marry me?” Kaleb asked while he was rubbing my hand and smiling.

I could not bear to disgrace him and say no. I love Kaleb excessively much.


“Kaleb, I love you a lot and I know that you love me too but, I think that since my father has agreed with the aquatinted that I will marry you Kaleb.”

“Oh, I can not believe what I am about to say, I love you so much and I can not wait to get married.”


“I feel the same way Kaleb.” Kaleb smiled as he put the Diamond and Emerald incrusted ring.

Kaleb then led me into the dressmaker so they could start on my wedding dress so I could marry him in a couple of weeks. They put on a corset, which happened to be newer, and it hurt when they were tightening up it but I knew that I had to get a new one since my other corset was almost two years old. When they were measuring me Kaleb,’s mother walked in and looked at the people as if they were doing something very wrong. She walked over and undid my new corset, which was an all white with green lace and thread running through it. She tightened it even more tightly than before.

“The dress won’t fit unless it’s tighter.” Kaleb’s mother smiled and then when she was finally done she had one of the women help her put the dress on over my head. I was finally done and I had to rush to get into the carriage because, the ball was about to start. We finally arrived and how I very longed to see Kaleb my fiancée. The carriage came to a halt and then I could see that Kaleb was coming toward the carriage. I let his mother get out first then when I put my hand out and stood up I saw Kaleb’s face turn to a blushing pink color. He smiled and then helped me out of the carriage.

“Hello, Kaleb.” I said. Then he smiled and kissed my hand.


Kaleb put his hand on my waist, held my hand with the engagement ring on it close to his heart, and kissed it again. My silk and velvet dress, he whispered in my ear that I was the prettiest girl in the world. I smiled because I could not wait for his dad and my father to announce Kaleb and my engagement.
“I can not wait till they announce our engagement.” Kaleb smiled as he said this.

“I hope you’re happy with me, Jessie.” Kaleb looked at me and smiled as if I was the only girl in the room.
“I hope that it’s soon because I just can not wait till I am married to you.”

Kaleb looked at me in adoration as we danced and swirled amongst other couples, mostly they were older and were already married. He pulled me in closer and then the trumpets started playing and everyone stopped dancing and went into the dining area. Kaleb sat at the right side of me. I loved how he kept blushing when I looked at him, I felt like I was the only girl in the room and all the men were staring at me. Then all of a sudden my father and Kaleb’s father got up and told everyone to raise there glasses and they wish all the happiness to Kaleb and I and they told them that we were engaged to be married in only a couple of weeks.


The author's comments:
i love colonial times its cool.