Addiction | Teen Ink

Addiction

Addiction is a compulsive need for something you are obsessed with. In many circumstances, people are addicted to drugs and alcohol. In my case, it's you.

Your dark brown hair, eyes that I get lost in when I look at you, and the way you hold me. I wouldn't want it any other way. What happens when people can't do their addiction because it's something they are trying to quit? They go crazy, psycho, out of control, and lose their mind. That's what is happening to me.

I feel lost, like there isn't anyone here for me anymore. I feel like I'm going to go crazy because you are all I have ever wanted. I feel heartbroken, because I lost you. I lost the one thing that meant the most to me.

People always say that you can't move on from an addiction, that it is always going to be there and you'll think about it all the time, eventually leading you to go back to what you were once addicted to. I'm not going to do that. I'm going to prove to everyone that I can move on from an addiction. I'm going to prove them wrong.

I can move forward, go on with life, and move on from you and that is okay! Young love is just preparing you from the real love in the future I was only at young love when I met you and it could possibly be that I wasn't even in love with you. I didn't know what love felt like, and I thought that I felt it with you, but I don't know. You were immature, so was I. We got mad over the littlest things ever, and broke up a hundred times. Is this even considered love?

Now a year later, more mature, more into real dating, and in the real world. I m back at you again. Not to start where we left off at, but to start completely over again.

I visited you at school, stayed with you in your dorms, and talked to you about everything. Was that not enough? I dropped everything possible for you because this time I wanted us to work out. For a sold month everything was going great, nothing could have gone better.

All of a sudden, it was over. You and me we went our separate ways and never talked to each other again. My addiction for you just took that second chance to realize I don't need it. I don't need you.