Love & Blood | Teen Ink

Love & Blood

By Inu-kun BRONZE, Manhattan, Ks., Kansas
Inu-kun BRONZE, Manhattan, Ks., Kansas

"light and dark are oppisits this love is not meant to be"

It was 10 o’clock when the phone rang, and a young man answered “hello?” he asked.

“Hey it’s me, we still on for tonight?” a girl answered

“Oh, hey yeah we’re still on, but I have no idea where you want to
take me”

“It’s a surprise” then the line had gone dead. The young man got up off the couch and walked over too his dresser, there were no clean clothes inside so he shrugged and walked over to the dirty clothesbasket. He pulled out a black shirt with a skull on it and bulled it over his long dark hair covering his white tank top and sat back down on the couch.
The doorbell rang, the young man had fallen asleep watching MAD TV, it was 10:15, and he walked over to the door. It was the girl he had talked to earlier. She had blond hair and light blue eyes that seemed to glow in the dark, and also she wore a pink skirt and a black t-shirt.

“Who is it, Alex?” asked an older woman

“It’s Sarah my girlfriend, mom,” he said starting to blush from embarrassment “You ready?” Sarah asked.

“Yeah, give me a sec to get my shoes on,” he grabbed some combat boots caked in mud out of the corner by the door. He slipped them on and pulled his black cargo pants over the strings. “I’m ready” he said.

“About time,” she said turning and walking toward the door.

“Hey! Wait up!” he said running for the door.
She walked at a fast pace Alex struggling to keep up. “Hurry up” she said while laughing.

“Slowdown” he said out of breath. Her pace slowed and he had caught up. “So where we going?” he asked

“I told you it’s a surprise,” she said smiling at him.
They walked for about 20 minutes and came to the end of town and in the distance he could see the old church. “We’re not going there are we?” he asked

“Why, you scared?” she said teasingly.

“No,” he said trying to sound brave. Truly he was a little scared out by the church. People have been known to disappear around the old church. She turned at the gate and headed for the graveyard. She began the fast pace again and this time he couldn’t keep up. “Hey!” he yelled and she stopped and turned toward a grave.
He caught up and she said, “This is my father’s grave”. The grave said 1867-1907.

“That can’t be right,” he said, “that would make you like 100 years old!

“I’m 107 today is my birthday,” she said turning to face him.

“Who are you, WHAT are you?” he said taking a step back.

“I am you girlfriend and I love you!” she jumped at him with incredible speed and grabbed his wrist.

“Let go of me!” he yelled in fear

“Don’t fear me it only hurts for a second,” she said

“What are you talking about?” he said “please just let me go I’ll do anything”
She pulled his head back exposing his neck and then she bent down and bit. Blood trickled down his neck across his shoulder and soaked into his shirt.

“Now we can be together forever, my love,” she said as his body gone limp.
He woke up in his room and jumped up he looked at his clock in red numbers it said 11:46. The numbers looked foreign to him then it all came back to in a big rush he reached for is neck and felt the two holes in his neck.
The glow from his clock coved his room in red. Then he heard a voice “are you okay in there” it was his mother

“Yeah, I’m fine” he said, “what happened?”

“Your girlfriend took you in here saying you was attacked by a dog she said she would just put you in your room”

“Where is she now?”

“She’s in the kitchen making cookies” at that he jumped up and said
“I’ll be down in a second”
He went down stairs to find her and his mom laughing in the kitchen he glared at her and she glared in return. His mother stopped laughing and turned around and said, “Oh, she’s charm this girl” he wanted to yell and say mom get out of here but he new the girl was to fast “Can I talk to you, alone?” he said looking at her

“Sure” she said looking at him with questioning in her eyes

They left the kitchen and went outside “What’s wrong?” she asked

“You know exactly what’s wrong!” he said, “Now I want to know what you did to me”

“I made it so we can be together forever,” she said, starting to cry “you wanted that right?”

“Of course,” he said, “but now I don’t know, and I don’t even know what you are”

“I am something of legend, something people hate,” she said, “I don’t always like being hated you know”

“What does your heart say,” she asked whipping the tears of her cheek with her T-shirt.

“My heart says yes but my mind says no,” he said, “I don’t know if I can trust my heart or my mind”

She started crying again “I don’t know I love you before why would it be so hard to love you now it’s just a bump I guess” he said. She jumped up and hugged him.

“Then we are not done, there is one more part I have had your blood now you must have mine”

“What do you mean?” he asked

“Bite me as I bit you in the graveyard,” she said.

“Okay,” he said, she leaned her head back exposing her neck. Alex’s mouth watered but he had no idea why it was as if something had taken over his body and wielded him to bite her. Slowly he brushed the hair from her neck and bent down, he felt a tug at his teeth and instantly knew his teeth elongated. He bit down and his mouth was filled with gushing blood the cold sweet blood of his true love.