Realization part 1

Time and time again, I see your face. Your eyes glow like the pale moon on a crisp night. Frost conceals the ground. Cold replaces the warmth that has been shed for what seems like eternity. Whatever did I want with you? No answer forms in my buzzing brain. Fogginess clouds over my thoughts and I am unable to find a crutch to prevent me from falling.

A silver heart pendant suspended on a silver chain rests against my chest. I slowly wrap my hand around it, enclosing the monstrous gift forced upon me by an old friend and current enemy. I rip the adornment from my neck and throw it on the snow. I turn away and a bitter wind whips against my cheeks. I attempt to flee my sadness and leave an unwanted memory behind. Time seems to pass slowly and everything is frozen. Hatred seizes my heart and I throw snow at what is left of our sacred tree. The tree aches and groans with the weight of ice upon its branches. A once beautiful tree lacks its color. Although some would argue it beholds beauty, I spit at the ugly roots and look away. Karma is cruel, and I trip over the frigid snow. I crawl over to the tree and slide my hand across the snow-covered bark. Light permeates throughout the darkness of my heart, and I notice the un-mistakable beauty of the tree. The branches scrape across the light blue sky and sunlight plays hide-and-seek behind the trunk.

The snow crackles underneath my feet, being compacted by my boots ever step.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

HollerGirl26 said...
Intense..I feel like the beginning is in slow motion..then speeds up with the anger and emotion in the girl. :D