Forever and Always | Teen Ink

Forever and Always

October 8, 2010
By HarleyPettis PLATINUM, Lawton, Oklahoma
HarleyPettis PLATINUM, Lawton, Oklahoma
40 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
~ Don't hate, appreciate ~


My name is Sophia Nightstorm, and this is my story. This is a story of love, heartbreak, and anguish. And it all started with a tapping at my window.
It's 2 a.m. in the morning, and I'm reading a Twilight book. I don't really understand why they are so popular. The vampires sound more like fairies to me. But anyway, all of a sudden I hear something tapping at my window. I walk over to my window and open it,when a raven flies in and lands on the headboard of my bed. "Hello," I say smiling.
"Hello," the raven replies. Then the raven transforms into a person. A boy in fact, about my age, which is 16.
"Who are you?" I ask him, my eyes filled with wonder.
"My name is Jacob Smith, and I'm a ghost. I have been traveling the Earth for 30 years because I am not quite ready ready to leave this world. I have been observing you the past couple of mights, and I'd really like to talk to you," he said in the dreamiest voice I ever heard.
"So, let's talk then," I say smiling. So we talk for hours and hours. Then near the crack of dawn I realize something. "Jacob, can I tell you something?" I ask.
"Of course," he says in his honey-like voice.
"I know it may seem ridiculous, but I'm in love with you," I say feeling incredibly stupid.
"And I'm in love with you," he says while I stare at him in disbelief.
"You are?" I ask, my voice sounding incredulous.
"Yes, I am. You are like no one I have ever met before. But we can never be together, you understand that don't you?" he says.
"I know," I say crying.
"Don't cry," he says wiping away my tears. "You have shown me the one thing I searched for all my life and non-life. Love. And I am forever grateful to you for that. I can finally go on to the other side. Thank you, Sophia Nightstorm. I love you," he says.
"I love you too. You may be gone, but never forgotten. I will remember you forever and always," I say. And with this he walks over to me, and kisses me ever so softly on the lips.
"Forever and always," he whispers so softly. And with that he turns into a flock of ominously glowing butterflies and flies into the morning sky.
"I love you," I whisper to the breeze.


The author's comments:
I had to write a monster story for my English and I turned it into a love story. <3