My midsummer night dream

“Stop! NO PLEASE STOP!” I screeched as he tickled me. “I didn’t know you were ticklish Hermia?” He said looking amused. Hermia was my nickname. In our language arts class we were reading a mid-summer nights dream and our teacher gave us each a role. I was Hermia and he was Lysander. (Just in case you didn’t read the book Hermia and Lysander are a couple that are deeply in love with each other.) “Well I am extremely ticklish so I would very much appreciate it if you would-“He tickled me again and I got cut off with more laughter. When he was done I looked into his warm brown eyes. His eyes locked with mine. My heart started racing. I had always liked Aaron. For a long time now actually. He leaned in as if to kiss me. Part of my mind wanted me to kiss him but the other part knew that he had a girlfriend. “Stop.” I whispered to him. He paused, his face inches from mine. “Why?” He asked worry all over his face. “You have a girlfriend. I can’t let you do that to her.” I said. Those were the hardest words I have ever had to say. Half of my brain was yelling at myself saying that I just blew my chance with him. A smile spread across his lips. “That’s why you don’t want to kiss me. It not because you don’t like me?” He asked his anticipation rising. “Of course it is. I don’t want you to cheat on her. And now that it’s out in the open I do like you. A lot actually.” I replied looking down blushing with embarrassment. He laughed. I gave him a cold stare. “I just told you I licked you and you’re laughing at me?” I asked with an angry look on my face. He stopped laughing and smiled. “I broke up with Jenna yesterday after I realized how much I like you.” He explained. I smiled and looked down again. He took my face and brought it up so I could meet his eyes. He stroked my cheek softly and brought my face closer to his. My heart was racing like a little drummer boy. When his soft lips met mine it felt like no one else in the world existed. It was only Aaron and me. The kiss was short, but sweet. He brought me close to his chest and said, “Now you really are my Hermia.”

howdoiskill said...
Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:43 am
This is cute, I wish life worked like this (:

BallinB said...
this is really really good i enjoyed it and have thought of things like this too

freewriter_123 said...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 10:55 am
Ok I just realized right now that I put "I licked you." SOOOOO Sorry. Forgive my grammer. I didnt see it when I was reading it over. ;P

Macx14 said...
Awhh, this is one of the cutest things I've ever read! Great job!!