until She fell in love Pt 2 | Teen Ink

until She fell in love Pt 2

By cindy love BRONZE, Yonkers, New York
cindy love BRONZE, Yonkers, New York

Months went by, and Cynthia and Anthony just couldn’t help but talk to each other. It’s like they were made for one another. After everything they had been through they had agreed to certain things that they wouldn’t do in order to not hurt each other. They loved each other that was all there was to it. Everyone loved the way they looked together. So they decided to make a promise that they wouldn’t breakup again and that they would try their best to treat each other good and respect one another. Cynthia loved Anthony she would do anything for them to have been happy. As usual life went on, there were good times and bad times, easy times and hard times. It was now sophomore year, time was going by quick. Anthony and Cynthia got to spend more time together, they did fun things. They went out on the weekends to the mall or his house, sometimes they even went to their friend’s house for movie nights. It was a good year for them things were going as planned. They fought every once in a while but it was normal, it wouldn’t have been normal if they were perfect. Along the lines something went wrong. Something had to be bothering them both the love they had for each other was amazing, no matter what happened they always came back to one another. This time things were different they weren’t looking so good. Cynthia went down to North Carolina to visit her sister and her nieces, while she was there her and Anthony didn’t talk much. When she got to call him or he would call her he’d get upset if he heard someone talking in the background. It wasn’t her fault she was with family and that their pretty loud most of the time she couldn’t tell them to shut up! Everything always seemed to go his way, it was his way or no one’s way, he was always the one that was right. While Cynthia was there she had a lot of time to think to herself if she really wanted to keep on going with this relationship. Not just because most of the time she was unhappy but because maybe they still both had a chance to move on and find someone else who will make them happier. Cynthia thought about what she should do, she knew she promised Anthony that they would try their hardest to be together and that they would overcome anything, but she couldn’t. It was a challenge for her, is that what love was like? She thought love was beautiful and magnificent but she didn’t think loving someone could hurt that much. Her heart felt as if it was being torn into pieces every time she tried to picture herself without him. She had no choice but to let him go. It happened, she broke up with him, she cried so much that her tears could of drowned the whole world. Anthony was hurt he felt betrayed like everything they ever fought for was gone. Not knowing her hurt Cynthia was he wrote her notes saying “ glad your happier without me, it’s nice to know it doesn’t hurt you and you can walk the halls with a big smile on your face”. Each and every time he wrote her a note she didn’t know how to react to it. Her love for him was so strong that If she talked to him, shed go back with him, she was running away from that. He didn’t understand how she felt because every day she’d force herself to put a smile on her face and act like life was perfect. He didn’t know all the crap she had to hear when she got home, she spent weeks arguing with her parents because they were together. As much as it hurt him it hurt her to and even more because she knew that she broke his heart. She was never the one to break someone’s heart; she was sweet, loving, and caring. After a few weeks went by, she dated this guy named Luis. Luis was a family friend, they had been friends forever, but they felt something for one another. Since they were little kids they both liked each other but never told. They started talking, he liked her so much but she never paid any attention to him since she was with Anthony. Cynthia started going over his house on Sundays usually; they did a big family dinner every Sunday. They got to talk more it gave them a chance to catch up with their lives. Luis was a sweet guy and Cynthia loved everything about him she just felt like he was out of her league. But little did they both know that they would actually fall for each other, she wasn’t ready to take that big step again, but she thought about it. Was it worth trying again or was love just a game people played, did love exist, to her it didn’t anymore, but she was willing to pick herself back up and go fight for it. Luis and Cynthia started to date. They got to see each other every weekend. They went out to the movies he actually took her places paid for her, she never had to pay for anything he treated her like a princess. He wasn’t perfect of course he made mistakes and sometimes the same ones over and over again. She didn’t understand why she just couldn’t be loved back the same, it doesn’t take much to love someone. After everything between them was going so great he ruined it. Luis started to act weird as if he didn’t want to be with her anymore. She was unsure of what to do after all she had been through she could have cared less about what was going to happen between them. Days later she texted him and he told her that he didn’t want to be with her that it was best if they broke up, because distance wasn’t working out for him. He told her that he had to see her every day, but how many people had distance relationships and it had worked out for them. There was nothing she could do but to accept the fact that maybe she wasn’t meant to be with anyone maybe it was a sign for her to be alone for a while.

It was summer of 2009 Cynthia was overwhelmed by everything she had been through in the past two years. The fact that she had to overcome certain obstacles in her life and learn to move on, because the heart slowly heals. Love was her enemy, it betrayed her each and every time, it was her shadow, her nightmare. There she was alone again, falling apart with no one to help her from her misery. All she could think of was him, how could she have let him go. There wasn’t a moment that she didn’t think about him especially when their second anniversary was coming up. School was just one month away from starting. Cynthia wasn’t ready at all to face him. She was scared, scared that she could fall in love with him again. They had been through so much together because of her parents, because of sports, and them always being busy all the time. It was Junior year already and she couldn’t believe she was in love with the same guy since the end of 8th grade. Anthony now had his provisional license he could drive everywhere. Somehow him and Cynthia became friends and she told him how much he meant to her and how much she had missed him. What was she to do now, after the past two years didn’t work out for her and her parents didn’t want her with him. She didn’t care what anyone had to say or think about it, she loved him so much, and something just couldn’t let her let go of him. That year he didn’t do football till the middle of the season. Therefore, they got to spend time with each other more often. They went out for breakfast before school, they took the bus together to school or they drove to school together. It seemed like after everything they went through everything paid off. But that wasn’t so. On December 21 Cynthia was to go on vacation with her family and Luis’s family. He wasn’t very happy to hear that of course because it was her ex-boyfriend and they had something together once. Either way his approval didn’t matter because she was supposed to go. She felt bad that he always had to put up with the fact that no matter what her and Luis would be friends because her family and his were very close. A few days before she was to leave on vacation she slept over Luis house with her parents. Her parents didn’t allow her to use her phone while she was over there because Luis was the guy they wanted for her.
While she was there he was going off on her how he didn’t understand why she would listen to what they had to say. That night her cell phone died and she didn’t have her charger with her, she had no luck there was no phone there and she couldn’t ask her parents for it because they definitely wouldn’t have lend it to her. The next morning she was to take her father to the airport and Luis dad. On that day her heart was broken more then ever, her chest ached as if someone hit her right in the heart. She called Anthony that next day and didn’t know how to greet him she tried explaining to him what happened and this was all he had to say “ wow who even are you anymore?” Cynthia broke into tears. He told her cruel things he cussed her off and hung up the phone. Cynthia was in tears crying her heart out to her mom with no words, she had nothing left to say but she was wishing he’d call back. He didn’t, not one call did she get from him. She was tired of being treated like garbage she deserved better then, she wasn’t easy to deal with all the time but she always tried to hear him out even when she didn’t want to or didn’t care about what he had to say. Cynthia went on vacation, that same day she was supposed to leave he called her one hundred times, not knowing how hurt she was he just kept calling expecting her to answer. Cynthia was too hurt to answer. So she went on vacation and tried forgetting about the world. However, when she got back she broke up with him so that he could learn that he can’t just think she’ll always take him back. And that was her problem every time he would do something wrong he asked for forgiveness and shed give him a chance. But this time she didn’t she was fed up with everything. Two months had gone by and she was still trying to cope with the fact they weren’t together. Even though she broke up with him she always seem to have missed him more than he had missed her. Their love was getting to a point where there was nothing left of it, but memories. Memories were all they had. She realized she was going insane without him for the past two and a half year she had fought through everything. On February 21 everything had changed as amazing as life seemed it wasn’t amazing after all, her nine year old cousin passed away. Her cousin was her little brother that she never had, she loved him so much, just a week before his death he slept over her house and they watched movies and ate ice cream together. Since that day, life wasn’t the same, life had more meaning to it. For some reason she wanted to be with Anthony again, she couldn’t get over him she was still so in love with him it was unbelievable how much she cared for him. But slowly and shortly their love was fading. It was soon to be prom and for some reason he decided to ask the girls in his grade to prom. It didn’t hurt him for people to know that they weren’t together, it didn’t hurt him to know that he was crushing her heart into billions of pieces. Everyday Cynthia would try to talk to him without making things awkward for them, but he made them worse, he acted as if they never existed and that hurt her the most. That feeling of none existence was the worst feeling anyone could ever feel. Cynthia felt nothing but betrayal she felt like the whole time they were together she was being lied to. How could he have done that to her? After everything she had been through for him how could he have repaid her that way. Anthony was happy, he didn’t show any emotions towards what had happened between them. Everyday Cynthia would talk to him and ask him to please come back to her that she made a mistake, but he needed time. Time was what he needed, that was the excuse he would use. Time was running out, she loved him but she wasn’t going to wait forever for him. One morning after class at school Cynthia went up to Anthony’s locker and said to him “ please come back” he replied ” I already told you d***it I need time”. But what time did he need and how much did he need if he really loved her like he said he did all those years he would have taken her back but he wouldn’t. Something was holding him back from saying the truth. The next morning came and she couldn’t help but ask him “ so you really don’t want to be with me ever again?” he replied “ NO. Cynthia I don’t want to fu***** be with you”. Her heart stopped, she broke down in tears as she walked away running to the girls bathroom. Never did he hurt her that bad, those words hurt her more then anything in the world.

Three months she waited to get a response from him and she got nothing neither a yes nor a no. Who was he becoming? She didn’t know who he was, she was disgusted to even say they were once together. The pain she felt was indescribable, but her heart could handle all the pain for it was bitter and cold. No longer could she see his face and look into his eyes to her he was just like the rest of the guys no one special to her, his love had already died. Even though she said she was over him, she still wasn’t she just kept lying to herself. Cynthia had to cope with the fact that they were over and that never again would love be the same for her she was scarred for the rest of her life. Life was beautiful and wonderful until Cynthia fell in love.

Rere93 said...
Rere93, Waycross, Georgia

"You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way." -Lady Gaga. (I Luv Her!)*

OMG... I loved it! Your very good....:)

Gadzooks GOLD said...
Gadzooks GOLD, Kentwood, Michigan

"Handle everything as gentle as you can. And what you cannot put right, you must make as little wrong as possible." Thomas Moore

i thought it was very good. I just think if you changed some of the words and tried to make it flow a little bit better it would be perfect! other than that, it was beautiful and amazing and i can totally relate.

on Oct. 15 2010 at 9:33 am
Tayrodactyl PLATINUM, Palmyra, Indiana
It was a pretty good story, but I got confused a lot while reading it...

wolveseye GOLD said...
wolveseye GOLD, Tok, Alaska

Which would be worse: To live as a monster, or to die as a good man?

very cool. i really liked it. keep writing!

hawkumms said...
on Oct. 14 2010 at 11:24 am
that was an amzing story it was sad an almost made me cry.... D: