One last goodbye | Teen Ink

One last goodbye

By riotgirl1134 PLATINUM, Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
riotgirl1134 PLATINUM, Albrightsville, Pennsylvania

Two years. I can't believe this is it. I never thought it'd come to a end. But here it is. I sit here and watch as it crashs and burns. I'm sorry love but I can't hang on anymore. You're killing me. There's just nothing left. If I keep loving you it'll be the death of me. It breaks my heart to go but it kills me to stay. So here's my final goodbye. I'm never coming back. I'm sorry love but I'm moving on. This has become nothing but a sad song. I gotta do what's right for me. I have to move on and find my happiness. I hope one day you'll find soem one to make you happy because I can't be that girl. I wish so bad I could take it all back and be her. But I can't. Goodbye my love. One day you'll forgive me. I'll always love you but I can no longer stand the pain. You used to be the cure, but you've become the disease. I think I found a cure but only time will tell. I never thought we'd come to a end. But this is it.

This is to my ex. I was with him for 2 years and finally had to walk away.

TuffGurl said...
on Oct. 4 2010 at 5:18 am
this is okay, but when it rhymes at that one part it seems sort of cheesy... and you keep going on and on about how you loved him, but you can't be that girl, how it's killing you, etc. i know i must seem super shallow because you were walking away from your boyfriend of two years in real life, but this is about the writing. there needs to be more.... emotion. not emotion like "sorry darlin', i just gotta go," but more like, "i felt the wrenching pain in my gut as i saw your face fall," or something.