Are you the one for me? | Teen Ink

Are you the one for me?

By LynaNicolee BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
LynaNicolee BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio

Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.

People say I should leave you be but I question there therapy. You say you love me everyday or you tell me that to shut me up and if so that's not okay! The words you speak is so pure and tense but I wonder do you know my mother raised me with enough sense to realize when a boy telling me stuff to fill up my head with dreams and fairy tales. It would of worked if I was 3 or 5 but even then I was mature and growing thighs. Boys talked to me which made me feel special, but if I talked back I would think about you which made me feel like a devil. So I think to myself, if it was the other way around, would you talk back and make them smile? Would you think about me? Would it make you hurt inside to the point you want to cry? So we sit down and talk. And I question myelf, like should I stay or should walk the walk? But before I make my answer, I just had to ask! Do you love me like you say you do? Do you hold me like you want to or need to? Do you care like I do? Well do you?

This was about a boy that I questioned our relationship like was it going to last!

so_joy SILVER said...
on Jan. 13 2013 at 10:11 am
so_joy SILVER, Navesink, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see."

This is amazingly true! Some people need to think before they fall heads over heels. You are SO talented! Please return the favor and look at my work:) Thanks

on Nov. 5 2010 at 10:26 am
LynaNicolee BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio

I believe most people may need this little AWAKENING in their lives and relationships!

on Nov. 5 2010 at 10:25 am
LynaNicolee BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio

Thnz and I kno they're GREAT questions to ask... I hope this can help people look at their relationships at a different angle after reading this!

Gadzooks GOLD said...
on Oct. 4 2010 at 4:50 pm
Gadzooks GOLD, Kentwood, Michigan

"Handle everything as gentle as you can. And what you cannot put right, you must make as little wrong as possible." Thomas Moore

this was a poem that i needed to read. although i might not have the same circumstanses i simply love it!

TuffGurl said...
on Oct. 4 2010 at 5:14 am

(1) this is such a cool format, ur like the whole time, good poem? good story? but it's so interesting, i've never seen it before!

(2) FIRST COMMENT!

(3) Even if the girl wasn't questioning the relationship, these are all askable questions. Does he really love her?