Starbucks, Counseling, and Mini-Golf | Teen Ink

Starbucks, Counseling, and Mini-Golf

By behindbeauty BRONZE, Greenfield, Indiana
behindbeauty BRONZE, Greenfield, Indiana

I found beauty in the world, and more faith in humanity.

“I am statements, Macy. We must use them; otherwise we will get no where. You can do it.” Every time Kevin, my councilor, would speak, even a simple hello, I would want to slap him in the face. I didn’t want to speak. I didn’t want to talk what-so-ever. Although, if I don’t I know my father will be disappointed, and I am not about to disappoint him again.

“I am- ready to leave.” I said cynically. As I grabbed my zebra print purse and my royal blue cheerleading jacket, I trekked out Kevin’s office and into my dad’s black, dodge truck.

“So, how did it go?” My dad asked enthusiastically. I looked at him with a blank, agitated emotion.

“How does it look like it went?” I said slightly more annoyed than necessary.

“Come on, Macy. Give it a chance. You need this. You need to forgive yourself. This happened two years ago, I think its time to move on.” My dad tried to console me. Although, I just let it go in one ear and the other. I don’t need, this, I don’t need him.

“Let’s just go home. I am tired and have home work to do.” I lied. I did my home work already. I just wanted to lock my door and block out the ignorance of the world.

My dad sighed, “Alright, Macy, it’s your life, not mine.” I rolled my and we were on our way.

To get home from the counseling center is only about, ten minutes. So the heavy atmosphere of the truck was merely a second in the eyes of eternity. When we arrived home, I unbuckled the gray seat belt, hopped out of the tall truck and marched to my room with my head down and ears blocked with music.

“Hey, honky!” I sent my friend Michael a text message through Yahoo.

“Sup, Sucka?” He typed back in a matter of seconds. There is something about him that makes me smile even when I am in the b*****est mood possible. I’ve been friends with him for awhile, and I don’t plan on our friendship deteriorating any way, any time soon.

“Nothin’ much. Sort of tired of this whole counseling thing. I wish Kevin would just lay off. I don’t understand why he thinks he can get in my head. He’s stupid.” I typed back with intensity, or at least as much as you can show through an IM.

“Don’t worry about it, Mac. He’ll lay off eventually. Although, I wish you would just give it a chance. You need to forgive yourself. Everyone’s forgiven you. Now its time to forgive you self.” I wanted to smack him. Now him? My best friend is turning on me, too. This is ridiculous. Or maybe I should listen. God, I hate him for confusing me.

“Well, I know I should, but I don’t want to. Do you want to hang out tomorrow? I could use a hug or two.” I asked crossing my fingers and praying to God.

“Yes, Macy, I would be delighted.” I smiled so widely my cheeks hurt. I was glad to have such a good best friend.

“Hey, Macy!” he smiled wide and opened his arms- inviting me in for a hug, “I have missed you so much!” I jumped into his arms. The tan muscular arms wrapped around me and squeezed me harder than I expected. It was a bear hug, the one’s I loved so much.

“Ahhh!” I giggled, “I needed one of theses hugs so much!” I blushed and hugged him again. “Thank you for coming. What do we do know that your… in my driveway?” I inquired to him.

“How about we go to Starbucks, and then fancy ourselves to a game of mini-golf?” The way he smiled with his braces made me want to melt. What ever I did to deserve such a friend could never have been enough to get him.

“That sounds wonderful. I already know what I am going to get. Oh, by the way, Michael,” I smiled, “I am sorry if I accidently kick your butt in mini-golf. I’s gots the skills that pays the bills, sucka!” I laughed and we walked to his car.

As I was about to climb in he stopped me and looked at me with a stare I didn’t recognize. He’s stared at me many times before, but this time was different. “Macy, I love you. We have a passed and many, many mistakes that we are both ashamed of. But, Macy, I am not ashamed of meeting you. You have made my life worth living. You were and still are the light in my darkness. I love you.” He said, and before I could say something stupid to ruin the moment, he titled his sweetly curved lips in, and kissed me fiercely. With passion, with intensity. With love.

“Michael, I love you, too. I am so surp-“He stopped me with another kiss.

“Lets go get some coffee, and we’ll see who’s better at mini-golf.” He flashed me a beautiful smile and we climbed into car and drove off together, a new couple.

I wrote this when I was going through the process of forgiving myself. My bestfriend, "michael" in this piece, was there with me through everything.

TIMLUVER03 SILVER, Valdosta, Georgia

We can't all be hereos because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.- Will Rodgers

I liked it. I just have one question, what happened to her? 

on Sep. 22 2010 at 3:04 am
Sixteen PLATINUM, Jaipur, Other

Its not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. - Calvin

nice!!

i like it..its really cute!