A Deep Secret Part 3

I shivered in the cold autumn air, it had been three days since the so called 'accident' and I still hadn't seen Jacob.
I was use to only seeing him when he brought Andy over for practice, so it wasn't a big thing that I hadn't seen him since then.
I had stopped walking trying to warm myself when something rolled to a stop beside me.
I looked down, it seemed to be a glass ball or something.
I picked it up and held it in my palm, it was about the size of one one of those tiny bouncing balls that I would buy for kids, and it looked like pure crystal.
I held it up towards the sun and watched as it made little rainbows, it was so pretty, I wondered whose it was.
As though listening to my mind, Jake appeared out of nowhere, he looked surprised to see me.
"Leah! What are you doing here?"
I smiled at him, "I should be asking you the same question, this is my street, remember?"
He slightly smiled, "Yeah I know I was just looking for--". He looked sharply at my right hand, which was still holding the crystal ball, 'Where did you get that?"
I shrugged, "I found it lying here so I picked it up...Is it yours?"
Instead of answering he swiftly, but gently plucked it from my hand, he gave me a strained smile, "Yeah its mine thats what I came here for".
He turned and started walking away, "Bye Leah".
I watched him walk away, That was strange, I thought as I continued walking, I had known Jake for only about a year and I was pretty sure he had never acted like this.
I walked up my small driveway and went inside the house, trying to get warm. My dad poked his head from insde the kitchen and told me quietly, "Ace is here I sent him to your bedroom to wait for you".
I groaned as I walked upstairs, Ace Sheppard was the last person I wanted to talk to, and yeah you probably by now caught on that my dad, My Dad, sent a guy to my bedroom, especially a guy I didn't like, like that, but it was normal.
I have known Ace ever since I was five, his parents had died in 911 and he ended up 'living' with us.
Well, he eats lunch and dinner with us, and sometimes I would come home to find him sleeping on the couch in my room!
I slowly made my way upstairs, I didn't want to fight with Ace, I knew I was going to fight with Ace if I went up there but I knew that if I stayed downstairs he would come down and drag me up there.
Why? Well Ace tended to get a little protective.....and annoying.
I opened my door slowly and was welcomed to darkness. Confused I walked to my desk to turn on my lamp.
I heard the door close behind me, but I didn't pay attention to it. I clicked on my lamp and turned around and just barely muffled a scream.
Ace was looking down at me, glaring, his face inches from mine.
"Where have you been?" he demanded.
You see what I mean, too protective and annoying, "I was talking to Jacob".
Ace not only glared but scowled at me, "You should stay away from him".
I glared back at him, "Why? Is it illegal to talk to a boy I know?"

"No I just don't trust him".

"Of course you don't".

"Whats that suppose to mean!?"

I shrugged, which he didn't like, but still he gave in. Sinking to my couch he burried his head in his hands and I sighed.
I tried not to laugh, Ace was tall, He was like 6'2 and was really built. Most people couldn't tell because he wore baggy clothes, but I had seen him a couple of times without his shirt on and...well lets just say friends should see there friends with their shirts on.
And he was sorta what people would call scary, he had this 'special' glare that he would give you when he was mad and it was scary, I mean really scary.
It didn't help when he pushed his black hair out of his face, the you would see his vivid green eyes, and you would totally forget what he was saying and doe what ever he wanted.
His hair was really long, nothing emo or anything, just like he didn't bother to cut it.
Ace looked up at me, "Leah why are you staring at me".
I popped out of imaginary land and amiled, "Nothing just thinking".
He pushed himself off the couch and came to stand by me, "I'm sorry I yelled, next time tell me where your going".
He turned and left with a 'I'm going to make dinner'.
I glared at the closed door, what on earth was the matter with this guy?

up_and_coming said...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:45 am
This is really good! Write more please!:) <3

UnwantedNinja said...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 4:08 am
wheres part 4 ??? i want it now !!! :p

JustAGirlNextDoor replied...
LOL :) I'm so sorry I have been so busy I haven't written anything. When I have the chance I will.

Fizza_98 said...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 3:56 am
Nice work. Love it.  when are you posting more? :) <3

Sk8erChic replied...
thanks so much :) i didn't know people actualy liked it. I'll write more ASAP

Fizza_98 replied...
Sept. 20, 2011 at 12:49 am

In fact this is one of my favs. I am sad because I had got a lot of work and I'm not able to post anything here due to some technical problem on TI. :(

But your work is really very nice. :)

JustAGirlNextDoor replied...

thnx so much :) i have a new one i'm working on

almost like a Pretty Little Liars and Private Series Mix.

snowanngel replied...

Girl, keep going, it is really good....

dreamer759 said...

This is really good. You should keep writing because I really want to know what happens next.

(Side note: Ace sounds like Derek from Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers series. Ever read it?)

Sk8erChic replied...
No I haven't. Is it good?

dreamer759 replied...
Yes! It's about this girl, Chloe, who is sent to a house for mental kids and she finds out she's a necromancer. It's really good.

MangoZombie replied...
Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:52 am
I agree with dreamer759. Ace does sound like Derek from The Darkest Power Series :) I am waiting for the next chapter too X]

Lonleydandy said...
AH! You should soooo keep writing this!!!! I'd love to read!

Sk8erChic replied...
Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:41 am
Thanks ^.^ I wrote this because I was bored and I didn't actually think anyone would like it......so....since now I found out everyone does I'm trying to think of whats going to happen

DinoGoesRawr666 said...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 11:35 am
you need to write more because these are amazing!!!!!! :D one thing though you should check your spelling before you submit because i saw some spelling mistakes. >.<

AlyssCross replied...
Thanks! I don't have spell check so i usually i have to re-read it over and I miss a few but I'll try better next time ^.^

Alice_C said...
awsome keep writing