A Special Moment | Teen Ink

A Special Moment

September 1, 2010
By Anonymousme GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
Anonymousme GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
15 articles 2 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so whoever believes in hill will not die but have eternal life.

Dreams are what make us who we are, a life without dreams is like a life without air.


"Everything is going wrong Jake," I sobbed, "first my friends desert me for cooler ones and then..." I sobbed louder.

"Everythings going to be okay Jessica," he reassured me.

My life had been going wrong ever since Sadie deserted me, I thought. Sadie Wilkins used to be my best friend. After she left me for more popular people, all of my other friends went with her. My mother was the only one there to comfort me. Then, she died in a car accident and my world came crashing down. Now Jake, my boyfriend, is the only one I have left.

All I could do was cry and cry into the shoulder of Jake, who was patting my back reassuringly.

"I'm sorry," I said, "you must think I'm an awful baby." Only sobbng harder. We were sitting outside in my backyard and the stars were brighter then ever. A chill went down my back as he put his arm around my waist.

I turned my face toward his and stared into his deep blue eyes. I could feel his warm breath on my face. I knew what was happening about a second before it came. We moved closer and closer together until our bodies became one. I felt his soft lips on mine and though it only lasted a second, time seemed to freeze, and I wanted to stay there in his arms forever.

It was our first kiss together. Everything had changed, everything was different. I was a little scared, but ready to embrace it.


The author's comments:
I just wrote this piece because I really wanted to capture the essence of a perfect moment, or a perfect kiss. :)