Mia and Josiah, Ch. 2: OBSESSION | Teen Ink

Mia and Josiah, Ch. 2: OBSESSION

By Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Josiah and Mia have been dating for three weeks now. It is once again a Wednesday night at youth group. “Hey! I missed you last week. Where’d you go?” asked Josiah. “My family went on vacation to see my sister at PCC and….you missed me? Aww!”

The whistle sounded and everyone started walking towards the door. “I have big news for you, Mia,” preceded Josiah. “Yea what is it?” “I’m going to BBA next year!” Mia squealed and jumped up and down. “Yes it is exciting. I just told my mom that I wanted to be with my friends. What I didn’t tell her though is that I also want to be with you,” he said as he smiled. She just smiled back because words could not express how she was feeling. “So what classes are there?” asked Josiah. “Well, other than your core classes there’s drama, PE, weight lifting which you should do, and some online classes.” Josiah laughed and asked, “You want me to put myself through that just to make you happy? Just to impress you and so that you can show me off?” She just laughed and said, “………maaaaybe.” Josiah laughed very hard at that. “Besides,” he continued, “I don’t need it!” He flexed his muscles and Mia’s eyes almost popped out of her head. “No you don’t!! Whoa!”

Mia was happy that Josiah was coming to school, but a little worried. ‘What if the girls are all over him?’ She clutched his favorite guitar pick that was now around her neck; he had given it to her after she recovered from the hospital.

Mia called him the Sunday before the first day of school and told him of her worry. “Don’t worry! You are the only one I want. Until God shows me someone else, you are the one I will give my heart to.” Mia was quickly comforted and felt greatly assured.

“Hey you!” called Josiah. “How do I look in my uniform?” “Adorable,” responded Mia. “ADORABLE?!?!?!?!?” “No like, beyond cute.” “Thanks.” The warning bell rang and Josiah smiled, waved, and walked away towards class. Mia just stared as he walked away and was actually late to her class.

Mia isn’t as smart as Josiah so she takes regular classes while he takes AP classes so they aren’t together at all until after fourth hour for lunch. (fourth hour dismissal bell rings) Mia’s already at her locker and hears a sound. She turns to the AP English classroom and sees…Josiah walking out with a big grin. ‘Yay! He likes it here even though I’m not with him,’ Mia thought. Josiah then turned around and noticed that all the girls were walking out throwing themselves all over him. “Hey Josiah! Do you like my hair?” “Oh my goodness you’re sooo hot!” Mia was outraged and walked over. “Umm girls, I have something to tell you……BACK OFF MY MAN!!!!” They all just stared at her like ‘p-lease’, but Josiah was proud that she would fight for him. “Ok ladies I need to go.” He pushed through everyone until he got to Mia. “Pretty rough?” “A little, but knowing you were at the end made me fight even more.” “Awwww!” Josiah leaned down and kissed her hand. “DETENTION!” “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Mia in her mind.

“Josiah you will learn that in the future there will be no public displays of affection at Berean,” ordered Mr. Baker. “Yes sir,” he replied sadly but respectfully. “Oh come on Josiah don’t let it get you down. It’s not that bad.” “IT’S MY FIRST DAY! WHO GETS DETENTION ON THEIR FIRST DAY?!?!?!” “Well there’s Derek, Ryan, Sally…” “Ok ok I guess it’s not that bad.” “See!”

After school Josiah said bye to Mia who was going to cheer practice. He still didn’t really know anyone and slowly walked in to detention. He realized that he didn’t have a protractor for his homework so he asked Sally. He recognized her from class. She was really smart, but had a bad attitude and was constantly in trouble for mouthing off to the teachers. “Thanks Sally.” “Sure. Why are you in here again? What did you do goody-goody?” “I kissed my girlfriend’s hand imitating a knight and the principal took it literally. Though I guess deep down I did mean it,” he said as he laughed. “Wait who’s your girlfriend?” “Mia Saint Claire.” “Oh,” she said coldly. “What you don’t like her?” “She’s a jerk! She stole my boyfriend, and went out with him just to dump him and break his heart.” “Are you sure we’re talking about the same Mia?” “Yeah.” Josiah was so vexed that he asked to go to the bathroom, but went all the way to the gym and shouted in the cheerleader’s direction, “WE’RE DONE!!” “WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?” She ran into the bathroom crying and Josiah ran back upstairs with a mixture of emotions.

For the next few days, Mia tried asking him what she did, but he just said whatever and walked away. She also noticed that he was hanging out with Sally a lot and getting himself into detention. She was really worried for him, but prayed for him and whatever hope was left.
Friday morning Mia went right up to Josiah and started to speak, but he butted in and told her to save it. “Josiah! Hear me out!” He turned around and stood there waiting for her to continue. “I did not steal Sally’s boyfriend. He realized what a jerk she was and dumped her. He came to me because he and I were friends. I gave him advice for weeks. He asked me to be his…’gal’ and I said no. That’s what hurt him.” Josiah’s face drooped. “I am so sorry. I feel like such a jerk. I guess Sally was misunderstood. I should’ve trusted you…and I will from now on. I’m sorry.” “I forgive you…are you going to stop being bad too?” That made him laugh, but then he got serious. “Of course.” He kissed her forehead; they both smiled. “DETENTION!” “AAAWWW MAAAAN!!!!”

ok this is chapter two-it goes after mistakes, mistakes...

on Sep. 4 2010 at 5:09 pm

lol its k-thanks! I have a couple more just have to find time to type em now that school's started.....thanks again!

on Aug. 31 2010 at 5:34 pm
secrets_of_silence GOLD, Gisborne, Other

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

totally forgot to say also cute

on Aug. 31 2010 at 5:32 pm

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

aww i like lots. well written and kinda a little bit funny