P.S. I Still Love You | Teen Ink

P.S. I Still Love You

By its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

I woke up one morning to find a note taped to my window. “I’m so sorry” it said on the front. I almost didn’t want to open it, but I was too curious. I opened it, and was upset when I started to read it.
Rachel,
My dad is being shipped to Louisiana. I am moving tonight. I wish I could give you one last kiss. I wish I could brush my fingers across your cheek and see the blush rise. It would be too difficult to tell you this in person. I wish I could have told you sooner, but I couldn’t do it. I will never forget you. I promise to write you every day. You are the only girl I will ever want. Goodbye.

Alec
P.S. I still love you

“Rachel! Time to get ready for school!” My dad banged loudly on my door. I quickly stuffed the note under my pillow, just before my dad came into my room. I told him I would take the bus to school today, so he could get to work on time. He walked out of my room so I could get dressed.

When the garage door closed and my dad drove out of the driveway, I put my tennis shoes on. I ran passed the bus stop, and kept going. I ran straight for Alec’s house. When I finally got there, I saw a moving van in front of his house. I quickly ran around to the back of his house, looking for the window to his bedroom.

When I found it, I taped my own note to it. I knew he would find it. He looked out that window whenever he wanted to think.

Alec
You’re not leaving me. You will always be with me in my heart. That’s what really matters. In two years, we will meet in college. If we still feel the same way, we will let fate take us. When you write me, tell me everything going on in your life. And I promise to do the same.

Rachel
P.S. I still love you

My sloppy handwriting was easily identifiable. In that simple note, I gave him my heart. And in two years, we would both be going to Kent State. We would see each other again, and it will be as if we were never separated. That is, if we still feel the same way for each other.

I skipped school today. I thought about him all day. What his reaction would be to my letter, what it will be like when we see each other again.

When I couldn’t sit in my house anymore, I went to the park. This is the park where I first met Alec. I sat on the swings, and let the wind push me. When I looked up from the tar under the swing, I saw shoes. And then legs above those shoes. And finally the face that I had fallen in love with.

His hand held something, but I couldn’t see what it was. He kneeled in front of me, so that we were eye to eye. He took my hand, and I saw what was in it. There were two plain rings. He put one in my hand, and I saw that something was carved into it. I turned it over and read it. “P.S. I Still Love You” it said.

I threw myself into his arms. “Two years. In two years, I will see you again. This ring is to remind you that I will always be yours. I will always have mine on. Even when I’m half way around the country, I will be right here.” He pointed to where my heart should lie.

“P.S.” I said, “I still love you.” He kissed me one last time, and then he walked away. With one more look at me, he left. The ring on my hand was a constant reminder of how much I love him.

***

Two years later, we saw each other. I was on my way to my dorm room. We were about ten feet away from each other, and I just stared at him. He stared back, making no movement. I dropped my bags and ran to him. His arms wrapped around my body as he whispered, “P.S. I still love you.”

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

Okay, this my favorite piece by you for sure. Absolutely love this story. You have this fantastic way of saying so much in so few words.

on Sep. 3 2010 at 8:54 am

You did help me with the title! Thanks honey bunches of oats! Check out some of my other work:) I've got 18 other articles!

jennifur GOLD said...
jennifur GOLD, Youngstown, Pennsylvania

"even after all this time the sun never says to the earth 'you owe me.' see what happens with a love like that? it lights up the sky." -hafiz

beautiful ! i picked out the title !!! i get credit (: hah . i love you babayyy ! -Jenna(: