Opposites attract?

We all know the saying. The saying your teachers all told you since you learn about postive and negative magnets: opposites attract. Well let me just tell you something about that, the princess and the pauper boy thing is one word; BULLS***. Let me tell you why I don't believe in that stuff. It's a short story, but a story that i won't ever forget.

It was the summer of last year. The summer I stayed at my grandmother's house in California. It was the summer that changed everything. My whole life I believed in love, but I don't know anymore.

My grandmother lived in the poor part of California, the part where people shot one another. My parents refused to let me go till I was 18.

I flew from Flordia, to California in 5 hours and 20 minutes. I went from nice, amazing, manisons, to small, destroyed, town houses. My life flipped upside down. I couldn't understand why I went there, and I wanted to go back. Till I met him.

John. He was so cute, so nice, so funny. I fell for John. We spent every moment together, laughing, kissing, hugging. We were perfect.

We might of came from two different worlds but, we just lived the saying of opposites attract. I was the rich girl. He was the poor street boy. We were the modren day princess and the pauper.

Then, the day came. I walked over to his house, without notice, thinking everything was perfect. But I was wrong. I was completely wrong. There he was kissing her. Some slut off the street. My heart broke from that moment, and I had no band-aid to help heal it.

Since that day i still haven't return John's phone calls, text messages, emails, letters, and Facebook chat messages, and I stopped believing in love, and most of all I stop believing that opposites attract.

thepreechyteenager said...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 6:30 am

I loved how you ended it.  With most romance stories, the once broken-hearted-one always finds a new guy.  But I loked how you left her alone, let her be alone.  It made this piece very original and I liked it!  There were a couple of 'i's along the way that need to be capitalized, but other than that I didn't see any grammar mistakes, good job!

Can you comment and rate my story, "Encounter"?

BrittanyMSwartz replied...
Thank you. It means a whole lot to me, that you like it. Sorry I kind of rush it, and didn't reread it, so that was the problem with the i's.

forgottenangel said...
Amazing :)

BrittanyMSwartz replied...
Thank you. Though I have no idea what this character I made up went through, I still believe it was pretty realistic [: