I Love You. Forever. | Teen Ink

I Love You. Forever.

August 14, 2010
By ticklemepink1941 GOLD, Grayslake, Illinois
ticklemepink1941 GOLD, Grayslake, Illinois
14 articles 0 photos 1 comment

He cupped my face in both of his hands, and stood there. His eyes locked in mine. I could feel everything: his fingers stroking my cheek, the warmth of his hand, his chest moving up and down as he breathed in and out. He pressed his forehead to mine. I could feel my heart bursting inside me, my breath starting to shorten. His eyes were rimmed with tears; the brown shining more than ever in the moonlight. He closed his eyes and whispered those three words to me, “I love you.” As he slowly opened his eyes, I could see that he was crying, “I love you so much it hurts. When I'm with you I can’t breathe. I can’t think! I'm in this…daze. And when we’re apart, I feel incomplete. Like half of me is missing. And that half of me is you. You’re all I ever think about, and all I dream about is you. I love you.” By now I was crying too, so much that I couldn’t think of the words to say. So I just wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. It was slow, and sweet, and filled with passion. It said all the things my heart wanted to say. I felt his arms tighten around my waist as I pulled away and buried my face in his chest. It was the way he always held me when I was crying, but now was different. I don’t know how long we stayed like that until I looked up into his big brown eyes and said, “I love you too. Forever.”