It Takes Me Two Steps | Teen Ink

It Takes Me Two Steps

August 1, 2010
By 2beforgoten GOLD, Maylene, Alabama
2beforgoten GOLD, Maylene, Alabama
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It takes me two steps. That’s it, but I really don’t know why. Why am I stuck in one place I can’t take one more step.

Before I continue let me go back to this morning and tell you what happened. I was lying in my bed just thinking about the night before. I had about an hour before my bus came. My mom comes busting though the door saying, “ Lea, you need to get up. You know it take you like two hours to get ready.” She closes the door and runs off to her room. I’m still lying there. It fells like there is something holding me down. About five minutes later I finally bring the strength to get up out of my bed. I go to take a shower, brush my teeth, and wash my face. As I wash my face I start at myself in the mirror. I point out every bluish that I can see. I see my freckles on my checks , the birth mark on my neck, the scare by my ear, and the bags under my eyes that make me look like I was up all night.
I brush my chocolate brown hair down to my shoulders, and then put it up in a ponytail. I grab my backpack and stumble off to the bus stop with out saying bye to my mom.
“ Lea!” my group of friends shouted toward me. I walk right past them. I hear them but it just really couldn’t bring myself to talk to them. I head to my locker and of course it that’s me forever to get it open. As I pull my books of my boy friend, Josh, comes up to me. “Hey, I had fun last night,” he said while leaning on my locker.
“Um, yeah I did too.” I said nervously.
“We should do it again sometime, how about tonight?”
“Well I have something to do tonight,” knowing that I have nothing to do.
He said whatever and storms off down the hallway while I head the other way too first period.
We are finally back to what I’m dealing with now. It’s now lunchtime. I walk in to the cafeteria. Get lunch and I sit down at my normally table. Josh usually sits with me but I see him seating at another lunch table across the lunchroom. I see Stacy Ren sit next. The next I know they were making out right in front of me. I get up and I take two steps. But that’s it. I can’t take any more. I’m stuck in one place. As I stand there I flash back to the night before. I had done something that I regretted. The thing that had me lying in my bed, the thing that caused the bags under my eyes, and the thing that had me standing in this spot right now. The boy that I thought that I loved and that I gave all of me to has me standing here. It only toke me two steps.