Letter

Why have some many years gone by, but your still in my mind. So many guys in my life, but your the only one I can remember. I never forgot how you used to kiss my forehead or smile into my eyes. The way you would just stare into space when you thought I was asleep. You were my love, but I made the mistake of letting you go. I let my friends get in between us. I let others control my life, but you were the only one whoever loved me for me. Those other guys; those blind dates; my classmates were stepping stones upon the road that lead to you. Yes, I used to believe that guys like you were beneath; that what I wanted was a rich man who could buy me all the things I asked for, but love changes everything. When I'm with you, I feel like that's where I belong, honestly, it's the only place I want to be. You were the one who pushed me to things I was scared of, and the one who helped me when things didn't go to well. Sometimes all it takes is another chance to get things right, but you deserve to be with somebody who makes you happy. Somebody who doesn't complicate your life and who won't hurt you.