Letter For A Difficult Love

Dear You (you know who you are),
It shouldn’t be this hard to be love. And it shouldn’t be this easy either. I know that doesn’t make any sense, but nothing about you and I ever makes sense. The way I am with you is so effortless, everything about being around you is so…right; like I was born to be kissing you, born to be silly with you, and born to listen to you read poetry on a rainy Sunday afternoon. It’s like…I don’t know, like there shouldn’t be any doubt in anyone’s mind that you and I should be together. I’ve had other relationships, and I know you have too; but none of them have been like this. None of them have been this…wild and this relaxed at the same time. None of them have been so full of life…so full of love.
Then again, there’s the way you drive me crazy! The way everyone hates that we refuse to just break up and move on with our lives. The way your sisters glare at me and the way my brother picks a fight with you. It’s all insanity! My dad doesn’t want me to being you to the barbecue this Saturday. You’re mother left a message on our machine telling you not to being me along to your cousin’s wedding. The worst part is that all these things ruin us being together! All this makes us yell and swear at each other. It’s just wrong. I love you. That’s all that should matter.

All I know is that when I wake up in the morning and the first thing I see are your dark green eyes…I want to wake up to that for the rest of my life. I want to help you reorganize our oversized book shelve every two weeks for the next million years. I want to kiss you in the grass under the apple tree in our back yard for eternity. Ha, I even want to eat your burnt toast every Sunday morning from now until the sun falls outta the sky. Is that so horrible? Is that so difficult for everyone to except? I guess maybe it is.
I just…I love you, I miss you, and I have your favorite paperback copy of Odd Thomas; so you better come home. Please come home.
P.S. I won’t give in, if you won’t give in. We’re in this together.
Sincerely, Me (you know who I am)

talking-with-silence said...
Sept. 14, 2010 at 10:19 am
That was true in so many ways. I have never had love like that but I know from others what it should be like. IDK y ppl always try to destroy the right things in the world. All i know is we must try to protcet them from those not worthy of the gift. That was really good :) Keep it up.

JessieBecker said...

this was good(:

ps. you think you can check out some of my stories?? thanks(:♥