Two Hearts: Preface | Teen Ink

Two Hearts: Preface

By Heather3728 GOLD, Mastic, New York
Heather3728 GOLD, Mastic, New York

Alex and Amanda finally made it down to the beach. They set up their blanket and watched the waves glisten in the setting sun. Amanda was sitting in Alex's arms and she was content.

"I'm really glad we came down here,” said Amanda. "It's so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as the person sitting in my arms." Alex replied looking down at her.

Amanda looked away shyly. She remembered the conversation she had with Stephanie earlier.

"Mandy, I hope you realize how much you mean to him."

"I don't know Steph, he doesn't really show it. It’s been kinda... awkward."

"Alex just doesn't know how to express his feelings. If I have any say in the matter, you will see tonight..."

"Babe?" Alex asked snapping her out of her trance. You okay?"

"Yeah."

"I need to say something." He said seriously.

"Sure."

"You are beautiful, amazing, smart, and funny. You always make me smile, and are the reason I reason I wake up in the morning. Your beauty is as radiant as the sun and I still can't believe you are mine, I love you."

That last sentence took Amanda by surprise and it took a moment for her to organize her thoughts.

"I... I love you too." She stuttered as tears of pure happiness drenched her.

"That's all I needed to hear."

He then leaned in and kissed her so passionately that the world could've stopped right there. She would be safe in his arms. This was their first real kiss and she was filled with joy.

"Let's go for a walk." He suggested once he was done.

They got up, hand in hand, and walked across the sun-warmed sand into the gorgeous golden sunset, towards the last remaining shards of light.

I hope people will enjoy this and will keep reading the next chapters.