Seven Days

Monday
…Was the day she said she wouldn’t talk to him for a week. He didn’t believe her; she liked him too much.
Tuesday
…He didn’t see her all day save for school. He still didn’t think she was serious.
She couldn’t be.
Wednesday
…Was the last day of school. Everyone was celebrating, laughing and cheering. Except for him. All he could see was her face, and how whenever she looked at him, her eyes would glaze over, passing him by.
He was starting to think she was serious, after all.
Thursday
…The silence was getting unbearable. He still had his friends, of course, and there were other girls willing to talk to him. But they weren’t the same.
They weren’t her.
Friday
…”Three more days,” was what he kept telling himself. “Just three more days.” It didn’t help though. Every time he saw her, laughing and talking with her friends, it sent a pang of longing through his heart.
He longed to hear her say his name.
Saturday
…He almost dropped to his knees and begged for forgiveness when he spotted her at the pool, her green sundress fluttering in the wind, brown curls perfectly framing her laughing face.
And still her eyes glazed over him.
Sunday
…The last day. He couldn’t believe how unbearably slow the week had seemed without her. Why did he feel this way? She was strange, a social outcast, while he was popular, always surrounded by friends and admirers. He couldn’t possibly like her as more than a friend.
Could he?
Monday
…He practically leapt up with joy when he woke up. Today was the day! He approached her cautiously though, burying his happiness under a blanket of remorse. He expected her to stay angry and hurt.
He didn’t expect the warm embrace, or the almost-silent whisper of “I forgive you.”

thepreechyteenagerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This was really good.

I loved how you never said what he had done to offend her, it added a great sense of wonder throughout the piece :)  I can't say I cared how you passed the time though- the 'monday' 'tuesday' 'wenesday' thing is pretty used.

And way, 5 stars!!!

AsIAmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The good:  This was very cute and creative!  The feelings are very realistic - I remember feeling like this when I made myself wait another week before I called one of my guy friends so I didn't seem like a stalker. lol  Very good work!

The bad:  You could put in a few more details on what had happened, and if you were really feeling bold, you could do her point of view.  Just ideas!

The random:  I liked how you said he leapt with joy Monday morning... (more »)

Eatfoodzap replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 12:11 pm :
^-^ Thanks for your input! I appreciate it. :D

Toria3339 said...
Aug. 22, 2010 at 12:39 am:
i really really like this! it was very sweet :)

Eatfoodzap replied...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 12:13 pm :
Thank you!

roknroll said...

FYI not YELLING MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN. 

REALLY GOOD I FELT HIS EMOTION.