Him and Her | Teen Ink

Him and Her

By Romantically_Unfortunet BRONZE, Matawan, New Jersey
Romantically_Unfortunet BRONZE, Matawan, New Jersey

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous, than absolutely boring."

They met the beginning of freshman year, instantaneously becoming best friends. He was adorable. Curly blonde hair, defined dimples. She thought of him as her brother in some ways. They shared secrets that no one else knew, confided in eachother when there was no one else to go to. He was there for her, and she was always there for him. Througout the years, his face became less childish, his body more leaner, muscular. His voice deepened, and before her eyes he became the man of her dreams. She didn’t know it was possible to fall in love with him. He was the one she went to when she had boy problems, and now he was the problem? She knew that he would never see her in that way, though. And there she was. Alone, as always. Lucky for him, he found the girl of his dreams, leaving her with no one but herself. She put on a happy face for him, pretending that she was glad he finally found someone, for he had girl troubles all year. She pictured the whole scenario in her head, though. She knew that they would be perfect for eachother. Soulmates, even. But I guess it wasn’t her time for happiness. She put up with the facade of enjoying the fact that he had found the one, when in reality, she yearned for his arms around her. The smile on her face becomes less real with every passing day. Maybe one day she’ll let her guard down, and he will finally see through her heart.
A day came around where her and her friends, along with him and his girlfriend, all went to the movies. Despite seeing his girlfriend, it was such an amazing thing. Seeing him. Seeing his bright face, full of love and life. She hadn't seen him in a while, so she wrapped her arms around him, enjoying every second being close to him. They watched the movie, as she watched them unhappily in the seats behind them. She watched her head slide into his shoulders. She watched as his arm slip around her waist. Absolitely torture it was. She laughed and enjoyed the film like everyone else, but her eyes, as if magnetic to his face, kept glueing back to him. The movie soon ened, and she was looking foward to him giving her a ride home, as he promised. She wasn't surprised at all when her luck shifted and it was his girlfriend giving him and her a ride home. His girlfriend was very pretty. Long brown hair, and bright blue eyes that lit up every time she saw him. It made her sick. Him and her sat in the backseat, while his girlfriend and her best friend sat in the front. Him and her laughed as they entered a world of thier own. It felt as if they were the only two people there, forgetting everything else. He made her laugh like no one else could, and she smiled, soaking up that moment. Eventually, the laughter died down and they sat in silence. As she got out of the car, she could feel his stare on her back until she walked up the steps and shut the door.

His mom pulled up in front of the theatre,dropping him off. He huffed out a breath of annoyance. He hated being the only guy in his junior class that couldn't drive yet. She came running up to him. He hugged her back as tightly as she held him. He smiled. She was his best friend. His sister, in some ways. He confided in her when there was no one else to go to. She was there for him, and he was always there for her. She she smiled, she lit up the room, or the parking lot, in thier case. But there was something in her eyes tonight. Something that made him sad. She stared at him a little longer,than ran off to the rest of thier friends. Soon after, his girlfriend pulled up, jumping out of the car and into his arms. His girlfriend was cute, and always perky. She was sweet and nice, but couldn't be trusted with a secret. Not like his best friend could.
When the movie started, he let his girlfriend rest her head on his shoulders as he put his arm around her. He kept turning back and looking at her when she made a joke with her friends. God, she was so funny. She made him laugh like no one else could. As the movie went on, he couldn't stop thinking about the saddness in her eyes. She was always so happy, so full of life, and never letting anything get to her. The film dragged on, and so did his curiousity. When it ended, he saw it again. The look in her eyes. Very quickly swept across her face before she went back to making jokes with her friends. He told her he would give her a ride home, but his girlfriend gladly offered to give both of them a ride home. He couldn't deny her that; he knew he'd been paying more attention to her than his girlfriend. The car ride was awkward for him. Him and her sat in the back, while his girlfriend and her chatted up a storm in the front seat. Once again, they laughed until it hurt, smiling widely at eachother. The time came where she had to leave. She took off her seat belt,and hugged him tightly around the waist again. From the corner of his eye, he could feel his girlfriend's house zeroing in on them. She got out of the car, and watched her until the door shut, leaving him with the mystery of why his full of life best friend was suddenly sad, and why he wished that it ws a different girl walking out of the car.

TerraTAZz GOLD said...
on Aug. 2 2010 at 2:19 am
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

Loveedd it!! Love the way you told two sides to the story!! It was amazinggggg

on Jul. 28 2010 at 2:42 pm
keembahhh SILVER, Fullerton, California

the past is the past[: put it behind you and let it go and it wont come back to bite you in the ass

this was an amazing story! i loved reading the whole thing!