EC+WM=4never (3) | Teen Ink

EC+WM=4never (3)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

April 2, 2010 (3)
10:50 a.m.
Nina’s Apartment

Dad answered the door when I knocked. “Evalynne, why isn’t Nina with you?” he said to me. “And why is he here?” he demanded, eyeing Will disapprovingly.
“Will came to pick me up when Nina tossed me out of her car and left me in an empty parking lot.” I informed him, crossing my arms over my chest.
He should’ve told me just how sorry he was. Should’ve let me know that he was going to break up with Nina the moment she got back. Should’ve apologized for not dumping Nina sooner. But he didn’t.
Instead he let out a deep noise that was either a groan or a sigh or possibly both. “I understand that you don’t like Nina, ok? And I know that you want me to dump her. But making up lies about her isn’t going to make me break up with her. It just makes me even more frustrated with you.”
My jaw clenched and all of my muscles felt tight and strained. How could he not believe me? How could he accuse me of lying? Why was he constantly standing up for Nina? That stupid witch was just going to end up leaving him anyways. And when she did, he’d come crawling back to Mom and I, begging for forgiveness. But when he apologized, I’d just tell him that I didn’t believe him. Just like he’d done to me.
“Fine.” I hissed. “Believe what you want. I really don’t care, but there’s no way I’m going to stay at this hellhole for any longer. You’re girlfriend’s a freakin’ basketcase, but you of course don’t think so. You practically worship the woman. So what are you going to do when she leaves you? Huh? Because you sure as hell aren’t going to back to Mom and I.”
His face was a shade paler and I could see his hands trembling at his sides. I was getting to him. Perfect.
“Nina’s not going to leave me. We’re getting married, Evalynne. Like it or not, she loves me. And I love her.” he replied, trying to sound confident. But his voice was slightly wavering, a sign that he was unsure of himself.
“So no she’s convinced you that she loves you? Wow, she really has you wrapped around her finger. Don’t you get it, though? You’re just another one of her boyfriends. You’re not different than her previous boyfriends. She’ll convince you that you’re the love of her life. Make you fall in love with her. Tell you that she’s going to marry you. And then one day, you’ll wake up and she’ll be gone. Because she doesn’t love you.”
His face fell and he went mute, completely speechless. Smirking, I glanced back at Will, who grinned and nodded his approval. I waited a few more seconds, until finally he responded.
“Well I don’t know where you’re going to go. You don’t get to go back home until May.” he said, his voice soft.
“Don’t worry, I’ll survive.” I remarked bitterly. And then I pushed past him and stormed into the tiny, boxy guestroom that used to be mine. Hastily, I stuffed all of my things into my suitcase and backpack, and then I walked back out into the hallway, where Will was waiting patiently for me.
I glimpsed over at Dad, who was sitting on the couch, looking crestfallen. But I didn’t care. He deserved this. He’d brought this upon himself. So I shot him one last deathly glare before slamming the apartment door and following Will out of the building.
“Congratulations,” Will said to me with a warm smile. “That was awesome! Did you see the look on his face after you told him that Nina doesn’t really love him?”
I beamed proudly, “Yeah, it was priceless!” I laughed and as we reached the parking lot, Will and I both looked at eachother…at the exact same moment, causing our eyes to meet. Gosh, he had amazing eyes. So deep and dark and mysterious.
And in that moment when our eyes had met, everything else seemed to stop. Like the world was just frozen in place. The sound of the traffic in the near distance seemed to fade away into silence. The car driving past us seemed to vanish into nothingness. The two middle-aged men talking a few feet away from us seemed to no longer be standing there. It was like Will and I were the only two people in the world. It was absolutely magical.
But then Will blushed and looked away, and everything came back. The sound of traffic filled my ears, I saw the car roll off through the parking lot, the two men were standing there laughing. The magic was gone. Everything was back to normal.
“So, do you want to go grab a bite to eat or something?” Will suggested a bit awkwardly. He was obviously just trying to start up some conversation, trying to pretend like that moment hadn’t just happened. But it had. We both knew it. He couldn’t just avoid it like that.
“Will, what just happened between us?” I asked him. I of course, knew what had happened, but I wanted to hear him say it. I wanted to know for sure that he’d felt the magic too.
“What do you mean?” he asked, sounding very tense…very uneasy.
“You know what I mean.” I told him, managing to stay completely calm.
He let out a deep sigh and ran his hand through his hair. He was clearly unsure what to say. “I don’t know what happened. We…” He trailed off, sighing once again. But I didn’t look away from him. I patiently waited for him to finish what he was saying. “We had a moment, I guess.”
I bit my lip, thinking that through. A moment. Did that meant that he felt the magic between us too? I wasn’t sure. But I wanted to be. “Didn’t you feel that though?” I asked him, hoping that he had.
“Feel what?” he inquired.
“The magic between us,” I said softly, kind of nervous. After all, what if it was just me? What if he hadn’t felt any magic at all? What if my crush on him was just taking over?
“You felt it too?” he said. This meant that he had felt it. So it wasn’t just me! A surge of joy shot through me when I realized this.
“Yeah,” I replied, “I did.”
He nodded, no longer able to look me in the eye. He was obviously feeling just as awkward as I was. “Well um, maybe that means that we’re uh…supposed to be together or something.” He glanced up at me, his eyes wide and hopeful.
Hopeful that I would agree? God, I hoped so. “Maybe it does.” I said, my heart fluttering in my chest. Was this actually happening? Were Will and I actually about to become boyfriend and girlfriend?
“So does that like, make us a couple then?” he queried, brushing his hand through his hair again. He seemed to do that when he got nervous about something.
“Well do you want to be a couple?” I asked. If he answered yes my life would be complete. If he answered anything other than that I’d go back to loving him from a distance.
My heart was thumping wildly in my chest, like a stampede of elephants charging through the jungle. Wait, did elephants charge through jungles? Or did they just walk? Ok, I was getting way off track. I tended to do that when I got nervous about something.
“Yes,” he said softly.
My life was complete. I didn’t even care that I was officially homeless at the moment. Will and I could be homeless together. We could be a sweet, happy, homeless couple. That was romantic, right? Whatever, I didn’t even care whether or not it was romantic. As long as I had Will, I was happy.
“Do you?” he asked me.
“Yes,” I told him. Hell yes! Yes times ten! Abso-freakin’-lutely, yes!
He grinned shyly, which definitely turned me on. “Well then I guess that makes us a couple.”
I smiled back at him, my heart practically bursting with happiness. “I guess it does.”

Author's Note: So are you happy that Will and Evalynne are finally together? Or are you angry? Just curious lol :)

So are you happy that Will and Evalynne are finally together? Or are you angry? Just curious lol :)

on Jul. 27 2010 at 1:40 pm
inspire.identity. PLATINUM, Ajax, Other

YES. 

keep them together;

but something should pull them apart, make them realize how much they need each other. 

Erudite GOLD said...
on Jul. 27 2010 at 7:36 am
Erudite GOLD, Rawalpindi, Other

trust your heart
if the seas catch fire
(and live by love
though the stars walk backward)

W-O-W.. :) i like it.. is there going to be a 4th chapter? anyways i think u should bring Shaun (0r watever his name is) back into the story!! i just love that guy even though i dont get why he loves megan..but watever i love that dude! and im missing him, lol!

on Jul. 26 2010 at 2:13 pm
rowyourboat GOLD, Lutz, Florida

WHAT? NOOO! I NEED TO READ THE 4TH CHAPTER! PLEEEEASE POST IT SOON!

and by the way, i love will. (:

Rawrzchan said...
on Jul. 26 2010 at 1:23 am
ohmygod! yay! i love Will but yeah im happy but just i cant shake this feeling that its not true idk. hopefully

on Jul. 24 2010 at 6:09 pm
ashkash95 SILVER, New Hyde Park, New York

"Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:8

NOO!!! I DON'T WANT WILL AND EVALYNNE TOGETHER!!! Lol but i'm SOOOOO glad she told her dad and left!!!!!

P.S. I feel bad taking advantage of this AHMAZING story but can anyone who sees this check out my story "Shooting Stars"? I finished it i just need feedback thaaankss!! AND I LOVE THIS STORY!

on Jul. 24 2010 at 2:00 pm
whyshouldIlove SILVER, Algiers, Other

Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Benjamin Franklin

I love when boys ask girlz out at the end of those articles, I do it all the time Lol, and btw, I can't get that smile out of my face, im so happy!

on Jul. 23 2010 at 5:37 pm
Chinadoll BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

OMG!!! Finally YES!! They got together after so long, but now the titles is contradicting. Ohh So so much drama:)

You are such a gifted writer!! write ON!